Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Hi guys !!!
We are doing great despite the awful weather....and had a great T-Day at Mom & Dad's....now we are waiting for roofing contractor to show his self....supposed to have met up with him day before yesterday but he got hung up on another job til late.
Hopefully he will get here today so we can make a plan of attack to get the roof on !

Loan went through fine, voucher check book is in the mail, funds released on the 27th...so now we need a week (or 3 ) of nice dry weather !
fl.gif

So...I will try to pop in when I can...may be able to "pop in" alot if the weather stays so nasty !!!

Hope y'all had a great Thanksgiving !!!!!!!!!!
frow.gif

Hi guys !!!
We are doing great despite the awful weather....and had a great T-Day at Mom & Dad's....now we are waiting for roofing contractor to show his self....supposed to have met up with him day before yesterday but he got hung up on another job til late.
Hopefully he will get here today so we can make a plan of attack to get the roof on !

Loan went through fine, voucher check book is in the mail, funds released on the 27th...so now we need a week (or 3 ) of nice dry weather !
fl.gif

So...I will try to pop in when I can...may be able to "pop in" alot if the weather stays so nasty !!!

Hope y'all had a great Thanksgiving !!!!!!!!!!
frow.gif
Is the roofer anybody I may know?? Not that it matters one bit since they don't talk to me.

Happy (day after) Thanksgiving to all! Hubby is out Black Friday shopping, and the kids and I decorated the tree. I'm pretty sure I got the better end of that deal!

My SLW, Dot, started molting at the end of October, and is looking pretty threadbare. Silly bird! We have a heat lamp up in the coop, but she doesn't seek shelter often (except at night), so I don't think she's suffering. Fortunately, the feathers have stopped falling out, and are starting to grow back in. Poor thing! She was the grandest, floofiest thing, and now, well, let's just say it's a good thing the feathers are coming back!

Anyway, a great long weekend to all!

--Nikki
D.gif

My very first thought when I woke up this morning was that the house didn't smell like turkey. My second was that there would be no turkey soup today. I had to go the store and get turkey soup fixings. The house will smell right later today.:)

[COLOR=4B0082]Hello my good Washington Friends.  I have not been on here in months - never have time it seems. I hope you all are doing well and have a wonderful Thanksgiving.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=4B0082]But, I do have a question for all my knowledgable chicken buddies:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=4B0082]Can I give birds the pressed remnants from a local winery?  It would be skins and seeds. Anyone know?  I have heard that apple seeds can be toxic so I just want to make sure.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=4B0082]Thanks in advance everyone.  Hope you have a wonderful day. I will try to get on a bit more often.[/COLOR]

I think grapes are one of the things which are officially not good for chickens; I know mine won't eat them at all, and when they're given stale oatmeal-raisin cookies they leave the raisins behind.

Hi guys !!!

Loan went through fine, voucher check book is in the mail, funds released on the 27th...so now we need a week (or 3 ) of nice dry weather !  :fl

Hope y'all had a great Thanksgiving !!!!!!!!!!   :frow

Hey, that's all good! Wondering where you'd gotten off to.

The weather yesterday was a gift; my son showed up about 12:30 and helped me move the sheep pen, rig up the new indoor-outdoor thermomenter, et'c; I ended up having to fill three out of five feeders and five out of five waterers, ugh, besides cooking vegetables for dinner at my sister's, and when we got home I was discussing the theory and practice of animal management with the young lady I bought the d'Anvers pullets from, and thus not posting here.

The aforementioned pullets are doing fine, and so far are all in favor of both lettuce and thin-cut raw sweet potato. I may, eventually, get my brain to accept the fact that they are, in fact, chickens, but so far it still wants them to be pigeons. This was not helped by my son and birding buddy using that word to describe them the first time he saw them.

I need to get my rear in gear, but yesterday was too strenuous for me to move quickly today!

My very first thought when I woke up this morning was that the house didn't smell like turkey. My second was that there would be no turkey soup today. I had to go the store and get turkey soup fixings. The house will smell right later today.:)

I should have offered you leftovers or our turkey carcass ;) ..I really don't feel like making soup..I just made turkey soup in October. I purposely got a small turkey for thanksgiving so we wouldn't have a lot of leftovers.

What type of light would be best for supplemental light? We're going to run a cord out there and set up a timer.

Back
Top Bottom