Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Good evening all! First post here in the Washington thread and here I am trying to unload a rooster... My apologies.
Up for the sale price of FREE is a Mottled Cochin Bantam roo hatched on December 13th, 2017. I am greedily keeping his four sisters for myself. I would keep him but I have a rooster already (his father, Marilyn Manson). Marilyn is an awesome rooster. Really mellow and sweet and not at all aggressive towards people, but looks out for his ladies. I can take some pics tomorrow and upload them, but I'll be honest - he is in his awkward phase and not fully feathered. I can also post pics of his parents.
Please let me know if anyone is interested.

Good evening all! First post here in the Washington thread and here I am trying to unload a rooster... My apologies.
Up for the sale price of FREE is a Mottled Cochin Bantam roo hatched on December 13th, 2017. I am greedily keeping his four sisters for myself. I would keep him but I have a rooster already (his father, Marilyn Manson). Marilyn is an awesome rooster. Really mellow and sweet and not at all aggressive towards people, but looks out for his ladies. I can take some pics tomorrow and upload them, but I'll be honest - he is in his awkward phase and not fully feathered. I can also post pics of his parents.

didn't think I had seen you around before I already have 2 lavender ameracauna cockerel one of which I am taking to auction on Saturday if you do that they are not free we get money for them I do Cole creek poultry auction in Chehalis drop off on Friday before 3 pm
auctions are Saturday about 11 am

Good to know - Thank you for the info! I am all the way up in Port Orchard and I try to avoid I-5 like the plague... It sounds like you've got some beautiful boys. I'd love to see what a lavender Ameracauna cockerel looks like (hint, hint). Though I do have both parents on site, I am not certain of his lineage so I would hate to charge someone for him, but if anyone wants a free rooster that comes from a fairly friendly (for a rooster) father, I've got one! I gave his brother to a co-worker/neighbor last weekend and he settled right into his new role as tiny rooster. I will try to take photos of both him and his parents when I get home this afternoon and post them.

think there may be auction on up on Sedgwick in Port Orchard you can google on close
know there is allot flocks over there like it here

Locked silkies in their houses. Stuffed the three black cockerels in the house with the partridge boys and shut it up. A dozen is much better than three, they just had been sleeping in a separate house in the same pen so no fighting.

Dug out in front of the door for the large fowl. Havent shut that thing in over a year. Forced the large fowl hens to all huddle closer on the roosts. Shut them in too.

Even the poofball disguised as a cat came in. He yelled and yelled until I let him out again this afternoon.

The other one spent maybe 15 minutes outside on the step this morning and that was enough snow for her. She's been on the bed all day.

Bet the poofball wants to stay in today ! We have about 4" so far, I think...maybe more.

Marilyn Manson ! Love it !!!
And welcome to the WA thread !
:welcome
There is also a Washington Feather fanciers poultry show in Monroe fairgrounds coming up in a few weeks, you might be able to get a sale cage there for him.

5"......so weird for here.
Getting warmer though, started at 29 degrees at 3:00 a.m. I walked to the barn to check on the baby chicks under the heat lamp, and all the incubators.and LGD "Jack" is in there lounging on his queen size bed..................clear skies.
Then at about 5 a.m. it clouded up & been snowing non stop all day !
Glad I haven't put bird netting up on my runs yet......last time it snowed like this it snowed so bad it ripped all my netting down despite DH & myself going out with brooms and bashing the snow from underneath.
What a mess that was ! piles of snow below AND on top of the nets.........and birds were locked in for about 3 days.
Glad they have food buckets and water inside !
Pen netting 005.jpg Pen netting 006.jpg Pen netting 007.jpg

dang it is cold !
I don't know why but when it is clear & cold it does not feel as cold as when it is wet and cold, like when it snows.
The dampness of it just seems to creep deep into your joints.
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !
Tomorrow we have to go to Doc appointments & tests in Oly............ :fl thankfully tomorrow looks like it will be cloudy, but no snow, then Thursday back to snow again !
I am also thankful we do not have to go anywhere in this mess ! I-5 and the smaller highways around here are an absolute mess of spin outs and wrecks and cars in the ditch.

Back
Top Bottom