Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Yes, they really should be more forthcoming as to what breeds they’re actually selling. The Aracauna....oye no wonder I’m so confused!! I’ve been researching the Amaracauna breed and read that they were related to Aracaunas, but there was a gene that was bred out of Aracaunas that caused chicks to die in the Shell, and that’s where the Amaracauna came from? Since they all come from the same stock though it makes keeping them all straight pretty tough!

Except araucana have yellow skin, usually ear tufts, and are usually rumpless. Plus no beards and muffs. Rumpless is just that. No tail area. It's the ear tuft gene that is lethal in the shell if two copies are present. One copy gives the tufts.

@Hinotori you’re the Silkie connection huh? Do you breed them? If so, what do you sell? Chicks or hatching eggs? My husband will likely kill me if I get any more birds right now, but gotta plan ahead right? ;)

I'll have a few cull pullets in a couple months most likely. I only have partridge, but since it's the only silkie color that has a sexual difference I can sex them early without issue.

Back
Top Bottom