Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

She's a rather pretty easter egger.

This is a silver ameraucana hen
View attachment 1336714

and a silver ameraucana rooster just to show sex difference
View attachment 1336715

Thank you, I think she’s gorgeous! I LOVE her eyes. Thank you for the pic references. She’s definitely not a silver!! Haha! I saw a picture of a hen that looked a lot like her when I searched for silvers, so I assumed that’s what the pic was of. But I guess not!:confused:

By the way welcome

Yes, welcome to the group!

Thank you! :hugs

Oh, I don't bash EEs. They have been some of my best layers. I have 7 year old hatchery EE hens that are still laying well. Actually I'm looking to add a few new ones since all my large fowl are getting very old. Only hatchery breed I haven't actually had issues with

I’m too new to chickens to know the difference, but I love my EEs. I’m kind of partial to the “mutts” of a breed anyway I suppose..my horse is a mustang, and all of my dogs are mixed breeds. I just wanted to make sure when I tell people what they are that I’m being accurate. I don’t want to say I have Ameracaunas if I don’t! :oops: They are quickly becoming my favorites in the flock! I love their personalities and their eggs are so pretty!:love

If it's sold at a feed store or from a hatchery, it's 99.9% chance that it's an easter egger and not an ameraucana or araucana

That’s what I thought. Hard to get a “true” Ameracauna unless you go to a private breeder, yes?

Yes very true I have a few not really impressed taking one to auction with a homegrown that came out with pink eggs have these two black banty I bought end of the year from a feed store local did not know they where banty in the dark tell who is who

Thank you, I think she’s gorgeous! I LOVE her eyes. Thank you for the pic references. She’s definitely not a silver!! Haha! I saw a picture of a hen that looked a lot like her when I searched for silvers, so I assumed that’s what the pic was of. But I guess not!:confused:

Thank you! :hugs

I’m too new to chickens to know the difference, but I love my EEs. I’m kind of partial to the “mutts” of a breed anyway I suppose..my horse is a mustang, and all of my dogs are mixed breeds. I just wanted to make sure when I tell people what they are that I’m being accurate. I don’t want to say I have Ameracaunas if I don’t! :oops: They are quickly becoming my favorites in the flock! I love their personalities and their eggs are so pretty!:love

That’s what I thought. Hard to get a “true” Ameracauna unless you go to a private breeder, yes?

Yes. Have to go to a reputable breeder. The wheaten ameraucana is probably the most misrepresented color. The wild type partridge color that most EEs are is often passed off as wheaten, but wheaten hens are the color of wheat. Hence the color name.

I figured a picture of an actual silver hen was best to post. I like the color, but I actually like the wheatens more.

But now I’m curious, forgive me for taking over the thread! Is THIS one an EE too? Her legs don’t look as geeen to me.
D7250D6F-226D-4C32-8120-7A3F1598D3EA.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom