Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Oh did I ever screw up Wednesday night. I have a routine closing up the coops do the big one then close all the smaller coops in the barn and close both barn doors. For some reason I closed the barn coops first then shut the barn doors hollered at the dog and went to the house and went to bed. Got up next morning went out to feed chickens big coop still open started seeing feathers I was sick I saw about 6 spots where chickens were killed but it was much much worse 36 out of 37 chickens gone one dead one left. It had to have been a very large pack of coyotes is the only thing I can think of. There is nothing good about this but this was the group that needed to be mostly culled but still it was my original group I had out there all the ones that had names pretty sad. I won’t do that again. It’s about a 45 minute drive to Brewster and I have seen 6 coyote pups hit on the road in the last month there must be a lot of them.

Oh did I ever screw up Wednesday night. I have a routine closing up the coops do the big one then close all the smaller coops in the barn and close both barn doors. For some reason I closed the barn coops first then shut the barn doors hollered at the dog and went to the house and went to bed. Got up next morning went out to feed chickens big coop still open started seeing feathers I was sick I saw about 6 spots where chickens were killed but it was much much worse 36 out of 37 chickens gone one dead one left. It had to have been a very large pack of coyotes is the only thing I can think of. There is nothing good about this but this was the group that needed to be mostly culled but still it was my original group I had out there all the ones that had names pretty sad. I won’t do that again. It’s about a 45 minute drive to Brewster and I have seen 6 coyote pups hit on the road in the last month there must be a lot of them.

Oh my mercy that is one heck of loss I am so sorry get the shotgun out

Oh no! That is horrible :hit The coyotes always seem to be plentiful in that area. My parents live outside of Grand Coulee towards Bridgeport and there are so many coyotes out there. My parents have had them attack calves and baby horses especially in the winter when there is less food. So my dad's winter entertainment is spotlighting and dispatching them when they come calling.

Hope you get some new chicks soon. :)

Back
Top Bottom