1 1/1 cup of bacon
1/8 cup Worcestershire sauce
1- 14.5 oz cans of Guiness stout - put 1 cup aside for glaze
1 cup bread mixture maybe more
1/4 cup whole milk
1 cups rolled oats
2 eggs (beaten)
1 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 cup finely chopped carrots (I use matchstick carrots)
1 tbsp fresh parsley
2 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
2 tbsp honey
S&P as needed (I use 3 tsp salt and 2 1/4 tsp pepper)
2 tbsp olive oil

sautee the carrots in the olive oil until onion is soft (carrots will finish cooking when loaf is baked) add the garlic and sauté another 2 minutes. Soften stuffing or bread used in milk add oats moisten all add in the Guiness - simmer until thickened then set aside to cool

in a very large bowl combine ground beef, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, drained stuffing cubes, rolled oats and the sauce from above. Use hands to mix all together.
Glaze:
combine the remaining 1 cup Guiness, brown sugar and honey - simmer until well blended. Put on back cold burner for now.
Once you have the shape you want, weave the bacon in a lattice pattern (over and under & crisscrossed) over the loaf. Trim long ends and then tuck the ends under the loaf to keep from pulling up from shrinkage when cooked. Once this is finished use a brush to heavily paint on some of the glaze

I bake meat loaf at 325 to 350 degrees. Every 30 minutes pour off grease from cookie sheet and reapply the glaze.
Once meatloaf is cooked through, remove from oven and turn the oven to broil. Again heavily glaze the meatloaf then put it under the broiler for a few minute to crisp the bacon. Remove from heat and let sit for at least 10 min...

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!

My Eggs.jpg

Some eggs from yesterday, I got 2 dozen other eggs too.
And 3 GEESE-A-LAYING! :lau

Well coops are clean just 4 so far from the main coop 2 from Silky this why I need more birds I now have three customers, Richard did that too me.. appointment at 2 need to let our old girl Fear-ah our GSD go it is time

Last edited:
She is a DSL barnie girl.....is she h Bantam ? She looks wee to me, but so very pretty! Wish I was closer !
She is full size just young in that picture, she is very pretty and bigger now but that’s where it ends she’s a couple years old and has never layed more that a couple dozen eggs. I just can’t do her in she is so pretty.

Welcome to the Washington state thread hmmmm I do not have them lets see who else pops in the next 12 hours there really are several of us

Welcome to the Washington state thread hmmmm I do not have them lets see who else pops in the next 12 hours there really are several of us

We were out and about yesterday, so I made the corned beef and cabbage today. Very tasty. Love my pressure cooker. Speeds it up so very much. 1.5 hours is much better than 12 hours.
I made corn to beef and cabbage for the first time this year. Put the corn to beef in the oven wrapped in tinfoil and sautéed the cabbage with onions and garlic. It turned out pretty darn edible if I do say so myself :) I’m not much of a cook so when something comes out good I am pleasantly surprised.

Back
Top Bottom