Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

That sounds so good.

I just got a 6 pack of these lovelies today.
20190321_154852.jpg

Hubby being the kid he is stuck one under his shirt immediately. *sigh*

They are fermentation lids for mason jars. Nice low profile on them. I found them when I was looking for a tamper. I'm making some sauerkraut. I already had glass weights for the jara.

A7D1B35A-9FCE-48B6-99A7-A387CDD986E8.jpeg
39EB0A50-7DC2-4F7C-8DC4-EB7B1765F22E.jpeg
View attachment 1702109 View attachment 1702110

Okay I found these today...........weirdest eggs I have ever seen !
I just came in to ask about my eggs and if I should be worried about my chicken... 4 chickens 4 white eggs but... one chicken lays brown eggs? Which means one chicken laid 2 eggs and my brown chicken laid none. Second egg was really small. But, we cracked open and there was the perfect little yolk... thoughts?

Hey all - long time since I last posted. Enjoyed the show at Monroe last week. So my niece asked me to get to and hatch some eggs for her. We choose olive egger project eggs. 4 of which hatched as naked necks. Two from really dark splash maran eggs and are white/splash looking and the other two are buff. One buff pullet has a pea comb and is rumpless. I think we have two pullets, one cockerel and one gender neutral atm. Now that the chicks are ready to go (will be 6 weeks this week) she has decided that naked necks are "too freaky" for her and she doesn't want them. Does anyone have any interest in them? I don't have room to add 4 more chickens and I cannot have roosters.

Back
Top Bottom