Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I hate to say it but the brooder couldn't keep up and after a 4hr nap last night we lost 3 rare chicks to an 80° temp. Back above 90°, but cant get more. Power went out so limited on utilities. Hatcher is 98°. But my landlord said dont move em.
I said that backwards. Hatcher stuck at 90°, bc air outside the box is 50°. Met with my landlord who is in charge of everything and I can move them to safer place bc they are week babie chicks. Wooot! Back to chores hands warmed again. 15791107481321742266835654360566.jpg Le Fléché

I can hear plenty of dripping going on now. Still feels cold. Glad to see the snow go away!
I picked up one of those plastic igloo doghouses at a thrift store for the chickens to play with in the run, and today 2 of the Faverolles must have been in it when it started snowing this afternoon. When I went to lock up, one reluctantly decided to brave the white stuff and come in, the other just whined but refused to walk in the snow. So I had to pick her up and carry her royal self into the coop!

I'm in the Monroe area, I have French Black Copper Marans, pheasants, and quail. Haven't been on in awhile. Just wanted to pop in and say, "Hi".

Welcome back .. Talking snow now... We are not dripping yet but think it is 33 here maybe tomorrow your suppose to get more in Kitsap now ...
My group has found they have a few trees in thir run the protect the ground they need not touch the villian white to get from coop to dry

Lol, what a bunch of chickens!

I'm in the Monroe area, I have French Black Copper Marans, pheasants, and quail. Haven't been on in awhile. Just wanted to pop in and say, "Hi".

Hello from outside of Granite Falls. Did you get to experience the blizzard this afternoon? Was at work in Snohomish and had to shut down early.

Back
Top Bottom