Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

We finally installed our auto watering system today! It will supply water to the chickens as well as our rabbits. It will be so nice to have fresh water for them. I have a couple of pictures...but first a cute chick!

This is Mara, she is my Midnight Majesty Marans...Hello!
Mara Hello 6.28.2020.jpg

I love the color in her feathers...the picture does not do justice to her color!
Mara Colors 6.28.2020.jpg

Water system. The small tubing goes to the water nipples for the rabbits, the black washing machine hose runs to the chickens water bar! My husband is going to tie the system into the water for our treeline, so it will be topped off when that runs.
Auto Water Plugs & Plumbing Finished 6.28.2020.jpg

Chicken water bar! You can actually see my doe Daphne in the background getting a drink!
Auto Water Pipe with Nipples 6.28.2020.jpg

We finally installed our auto watering system today! It will supply water to the chickens as well as our rabbits. It will be so nice to have fresh water for them. I have a couple of pictures...but first a cute chick!

This is Mara, she is my Midnight Majesty Marans...Hello!
View attachment 2217498
I love the color in her feathers...the picture does not do justice to her color!
View attachment 2217499

Water system. The small tubing goes to the water nipples for the rabbits, the black washing machine hose runs to the chickens water bar! My husband is going to tie the system into the water for our treeline, so it will be topped off when that runs.
View attachment 2217503

Chicken water bar! You can actually see my doe Daphne in the background getting a drink!
View attachment 2217507
Nice system! hope to one day have something like a water bar. Connected to a rain barrel.

Nice system! hope to one day have something like a water bar. Connected to a rain barrel.
Thank you! It was super easy to put in! The barrel was given to me from a friend and we had everything else on hand except for a valve to shut off the water to the rabbits. We will get one tomorrow and put it in! We don't get enough rain to have it filled that way, but I'm sure that you do! :)

Wow, that's way cool...what are you growing in it?
Right now, it's just a sage that had already started rooting by how I was propagating before. It had little itty-bitty roots. I will be putting in a rose, passionflower, clematis, rosemary, asian lily, and wild lilac (I think it's also called California lilac). Basically anything I can get my hands on that is free.

I am new to propagating and I was doing it in potting mix, but keeping it just watered enough, not too wet, not too much light, yada yada, was just too much and I wasn't really getting any results, except for the sage. Supposedly there is a radical difference when using aeroponics to propagate. It's supposed to be much faster and more reliable. I have a submersible pump with a spray head in the bucket that is run on a timer: 30 minutes on and 30 minutes off. The water in the bucket just covers the pump. The idea is to mist the roots, on and off, continuously until they are well rooted. I got the instructions on how to make it here: https://gardenpool.org/online-classes/how-to-make-a-simple-5-gallon-bucket-aeroponics-system

That guy completely remade his yard into an aquaponics-with-fish-and-chickens system. He turned his backyard in-ground pool into a fish pond and nursery.

Right now, it's just a sage that had already started rooting by how I was propagating before. It had little itty-bitty roots. I will be putting in a rose, passionflower, clematis, rosemary, asian lily, and wild lilac (I think it's also called California lilac). Basically anything I can get my hands on that is free.

I am new to propagating and I was doing it in potting mix, but keeping it just watered enough, not too wet, not too much light, yada yada, was just too much and I wasn't really getting any results, except for the sage. Supposedly there is a radical difference when using aeroponics to propagate. It's supposed to be much faster and more reliable. I have a submersible pump with a spray head in the bucket that is run on a timer: 30 minutes on and 30 minutes off. The water in the bucket just covers the pump. The idea is to mist the roots, on and off, continuously until they are well rooted. I got the instructions on how to make it here: https://gardenpool.org/online-classes/how-to-make-a-simple-5-gallon-bucket-aeroponics-system

That guy completely remade his yard into an aquaponics-with-fish-and-chickens system. He turned his backyard in-ground pool into a fish pond and nursery.
That is so interesting...I'm looking forward to seeing the results! :)

Back
Top Bottom