Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

We are further south little East, 21 miles off I-5.. We do love it here 3/4 of an acre all the chickens I want and can keep up with
That is a beautiful area you are in. But I am surprised you are getting so hot there when it has been so mild here. It might be that we are about 1/2 mile from the sound. We have 6 1/2 acres, but half of it is protected. Which we like. How many chickens do you have? What kinds?

I personally have never heard of this, but I would suggest that you quit feeding them the plants that they say can cause the issue! Then you can see if they improve or not! :)
Yes, thanks, I did that as soon as I realized It could be possible. I haven’t fed them anything I didn’t find oKay on a list...but some lists I found later differed on some plants. It’s been about a week now, and yesterday a couple of them had really red faces. I did read an old thread about red faces having to do with hormones and chickens getting ready to start laying. But mine are only about 11 weeks old. So too soon?

Depends on the breed welcome to the state thread some get to even 30 weeks before they lay .. I have 19 in my main coop that includes their EE rooster Red.
There is small coop that has 5 inluding their cockerel Smudge.. There are 4 silkie no rooster have their own coop, there are 2 giant Cochin growing up in there..

I'm about 3.5 miles just north from Kapowsin. I had highs in the high 80s low 90s last week 7 day high was 93. Now we do have large ponds next to us which give an odd microclimate sometimes. I'm at 722 feet.

I notice a big difference going down into Orting sometimes and that's only 6.5 miles away but they are at 160 feet.

Back
Top Bottom