Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I have a Rooster that seems to have been mixed in with my hens. For some time we though maybe “she” was a bigger hen (the bread is larger) but now “she” is crowing in the AM... it makes me sad because this is our first go with Chicks and we have to rehome him.

He is free - but I just need to rehome him ASAP!!! We can’t have roosters where I am located. I am in Tacoma, WA.

Thank you for any help or advise.
Caitlin

Attachments

• 8D94C030-2070-4CDE-B144-6D4D3FF19F62.jpeg
    8D94C030-2070-4CDE-B144-6D4D3FF19F62.jpeg
    626.4 KB · Views: 6
So today he did it at 6 AM.... and I still have the heat lamp on in the coop to help with some warmth at night. I went outside let them out and maybe made one or two more smaller sounds, and nothing after that. We hear chicken sounds on/off all day, but not rooster.

We’re happy to hold onto him and give it time - but sometimes we feel it’s a “she” and other times were like “nope, that’s a rooster!” If it is a “he” - it came from a female only bin 😏.

I’m not sure what other things to look for in difference of a Hen/Rooster... this is my first time and my husband has t had any chicks since he was younger. We’d like to get another Hen if this one is a rooster, as “Sapphire” is my eldest daughters.
It does roost with the hens while in the chicken coop.

He look very light color and plymouth barred rock lighter is cockerel
If he only does it once a day could you hold out a day or two
put him in crate in the garage no light that will help

Also, I don’t have a garage without any light.. I have our shed that I could make room in... would that help ?! Or would that tell us if it’s a hen/rooster?

Back
Top Bottom