Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Did you build your coop or was prefab there is lots of threads on here about coops

We actually used my kids old play house and made it into a coop! We built the outside add on for the run. We left about 6’ of room Incase we want to built a larger run.
We do let our chicks out 2x a day for about 10 mins each time to free roam :) plus our pup is getting used to them, which is nice.

We actually used my kids old play house and made it into a coop! We built the outside add on for the run. We left about 6’ of room Incase we want to built a larger run.
We do let our chicks out 2x a day for about 10 mins each time to free roam :) plus our pup is getting used to them, which is nice.
That’s really cool! I made my most recent coop out of an old playhouse as well.

Attachments

• B2360CF6-2BE5-4559-A8DE-7E11406C6714.jpeg
    B2360CF6-2BE5-4559-A8DE-7E11406C6714.jpeg
    955.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 75292D0D-F1B9-4C25-AF23-3E9A7E74703D.jpeg
    75292D0D-F1B9-4C25-AF23-3E9A7E74703D.jpeg
    940.3 KB · Views: 9

It's a very cute set up but you may encounter some difficulties in adding more birds with the size of the run. Recommended minimum space is 4 sq ft in coop, 10 sq ft in run, but integration favors more space because new birds need to be able to get away or hide from attacks from the old ones, and space is needed in order to add clutter to help with that. So something else to consider before growing your flock.

It's a very cute set up but you may encounter some difficulties in adding more birds with the size of the run. Recommended minimum space is 4 sq ft in coop, 10 sq ft in run, but integration favors more space because new birds need to be able to get away or hide from attacks from the old ones, and space is needed in order to add clutter to help with that. So something else to consider before growing your flock.

We’re able to extend the run 6’ if needed and next summer we are going to block off underneath the house so they can lay under the house and “chill” :)

Back
Top Bottom