Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I put down hay as mud control. Never actually had a mold issue. It does compost fairly quick though. We have a lot of worms and stuff that make quick work of everything.

Mom got on me when I had told her at the end of the season I didn't remove the tomato cages from the garden after the vines died. I told her just had to wait a couple weeks and the vines would rot off and it would be easy to remove them.

Dont use hay if it is raining like this you usually do not get a ton right .. Hay will mold here ...
Mine love flock blocks also can do one with molases and bird seed but have to make a mold ..
I was thinking of a hay bale inside the coop. But good to know I shouldn't! Gotta get something for these gals though...they are so bored in the bad weather!

The flock blocks always look so big...was going to make homemade ones with the kids on the weekend...it'll be a few more weeks though as life has gone from "busy to busier" lately, lol.

When I made flock blocks I formed them in muffin pans and used a chopstick to make a decent hole in the middle so I could hang them in the pens. Small ones get eaten fast enough to not me much of a rodent issue.

Only problem i had was the Aussie mix dog would sneak in and steal them to eat himself.

VERY BLACK off the coast strait of Juan de Fuca looking at Victoria
Not going to be good, it is also very black to the south over the Olympics
IMG_20211115_070710_HDR.jpg

IMG_20211115_070629_HDR.jpg

Back
Top Bottom