Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Yay! DH finished the gate. Project complete, chooks and I very happy. Question for you. Will a white chicken lay white eggs? Dad is a Sapphire Gem. Not sure which is her mom. She has a few gray feathers on her wings. 16 wks. Old in 2 days. Recessive white genes.
Any guesses who mom might be?: ISA Brown, golden comet, Welsummer, Black sex link, Sapphire Gem, or a BCM x cream legbar? How about this cockerel (broodmate)? Same dad.

Attachments

• 20221114_162023.jpg
    20221114_162023.jpg
    491.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 20221114_162310.jpg
    20221114_162310.jpg
    748.6 KB · Views: 2
Yay! DH finished the gate. Project complete, chooks and I very happy. Question for you. Will a white chicken lay white eggs? Dad is a Sapphire Gem. Not sure which is her mom. She has a few gray feathers on her wings. 16 wks. Old in 2 days. Recessive white genes.
Any guesses who mom might be?: ISA Brown, golden comet, Welsummer, Black sex link, Sapphire Gem, or a BCM x cream legbar? How about this cockerel (broodmate)? Same dad.
Gates are good,
If a chicken has red wattles it lays brown eggs, if the wattles are white, white eggs: so I have read,

Speaking of moss...about a month ago my girls discovered that moss is edible and are now enjoying it here and there!

I did look it up and it's apparently safe for chickens to eat. Perfect (since its everywhere!)...who knew!

Do all ya'lls chickens eat it too?
My silly dogs LOVE moss,, I do think they are part sheep- not goat as they pull grass up roost and all like sheep, they have just made pot holes/ divot all over the yard, they chew on it dirt and all :he is hasn't hurt them or made them sick, but I do deworm them once a year, Lord only knows what they ate

It was warmer this morning than yesterday. Up at 5 got the coffee going and built a fire, it was 35 out. I really didnt want to go back into town at all, but I forgot to get canned pineapple and maraschino cherry plockmans mustard. I think today will be better/less crowded than Sunday.
Tuesday I am making 2 hams, hot German potato salad, homemade kraut, DDIL's mom is bringing the carrots, - DD and her family will be in from southern Oregon, son and his crew, DD#3 cant come up, she is in Portland, they are going to her IL's.
more coffee and fire in the stove☕🔥

It was warmer this morning than yesterday. Up at 5 got the coffee going and built a fire, it was 35 out. I really didnt want to go back into town at all, but I forgot to get canned pineapple and maraschino cherry plockmans mustard. I think today will be better/less crowded than Sunday.
Tuesday I am making 2 hams, hot German potato salad, homemade kraut, DDIL's mom is bringing the carrots, - DD and her family will be in from southern Oregon, son and his crew, DD#3 cant come up, she is in Portland, they are going to her IL's.
more coffee and fire in the stove☕🔥
Sounds like a lovely gathering.

Back
Top Bottom