Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Just finished eating dinner and did a full clean up as well (dishwasher is going as we speak). On the menu was turkey breast roulade, funeral potatoes, green bean casserole, and a modified gajar halwa (carrot pudding, in this case I left out the extra sugar so it was a side and not dessert). Hubby had seconds of everything so guess he was hungry. Dessert was a Twix cream cheese pie. I think I made enough for 9 or 10 people (in a household of 2) so we'll have leftovers through the weekend.

I use a spreadsheet to track my timing so everything hits the table at the same time, while also making sure I have time allotted for chickens and walking dogs. Probably my own gripe but I don't like room temperature Thanksgiving :) so I want all hot dishes to hit the table 10 minutes or less before serving time.

turkey2022-1.jpg

turkey2022-2.jpg

Hope you all had a wonderful thanksgiving day! We did. We ate a bit early for us, about 3:30. It was nice to have all the dishes done so early. We didn't eat leftovers later, as we were quite satisfied from dinner, but did indulge in a bit of pumpkin pie.

I don't know why we make the whole spread for two people. lol Guess it's Thanksgiving. Why not? Loads of leftovers.

Just finished eating dinner and did a full clean up as well (dishwasher is going as we speak). On the menu was turkey breast roulade, funeral potatoes, green bean casserole, and a modified gajar halwa (carrot pudding, in this case I left out the extra sugar so it was a side and not dessert). Hubby had seconds of everything so guess he was hungry. Dessert was a Twix cream cheese pie. I think I made enough for 9 or 10 people (in a household of 2) so we'll have leftovers through the weekend.

I use a spreadsheet to track my timing so everything hits the table at the same time, while also making sure I have time allotted for chickens and walking dogs. Probably my own gripe but I don't like room temperature Thanksgiving :) so I want all hot dishes to hit the table 10 minutes or less before serving time.
View attachment 3332542
You are not alone in disliking cold Thanksgiving! I’m way too disorganized to pull a dinner like this off and have it be hot! Never thought of a spreadsheet but then I’m too disorganized… :gig

You are not alone in disliking cold Thanksgiving! I’m way too disorganized to pull a dinner like this off and have it be hot! Never thought of a spreadsheet but then I’m too disorganized… :gig
This was yesterday's spreadsheet... simpler meal than what I usually make but it still saved my bacon since the turkey prep took twice as long as expected so I had to see what could be delayed and still have everything ready at 6:30.

So before every big meal I do my best to plan out the time needed for everything, print it out, pin it on the fridge, and cross out as I go. I also pre-stage all the utensils, pots, serving bowls, dry goods, etc. that I need - ideally I should never have to walk into the pantry or open a drawer until food's ready to be served. Dishwasher gets filled as I go.

Note that my overachieving self includes Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve dinner spreadsheets as well. Yup I do it 3x in a 2 month span. :)

thxsgiving_spreadsheet.jpg

Back
Top Bottom