Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I've got a Serama cockerel I'm putting on Craigslist today. I'd offer him to anyone here for free but quite frankly, he's a butt. My other 6 Seramas, even the other little rooster, are all sweeties but this guy has taken to biting me whenever I try to change out his food and water and now is even flying out at me to attack me. He is VERY possessive of "his" girl. The first time he did it, he flew right out of his cage at my face and I have a nice little 1 1/2" scar on my cheek. He's pretty, but not "typy" enough for me to care about losing him. My husband has no issue with him at all and Marco never harasses him the way he does me. It may have something to do with me hatching him and loving on him since he was born, I don't know. Ingrate.

And I'm a little sad - this morning my little buff Silkie started crowing. I was tossing scratch for the big girls, (the Silkies don't free range) and I heard a crow not once, but 5 times in a row. I don't know how long he's been doing it but it's the first time I've heard it. I was considering a Silkie boy in the spring, but the buff doesn't fit into my possible plan...

He has never been aggressive in any way but is a little timid. I'm offering him to any WA BYC'er who could offer him a good safe home. PM me if interested. I can try to take a better photo of him later today if you're interested. He was from a Catdance hatch.

Here's pretty Marco who has bought himself a one way ticket outta here.

The little buff boy is on the right between the two porcelain girls. He is a sweet, gentle and shy boy.

I have to admit when my chicks where little, my first time for having them, I would go out on the porch at night and catch the multitudes of moths that would gather there around the light and offer them to my chicks. They LOVED them.

I am pretty flexable. Ya'll just tell me what time to be there and I will be there. I can't wait to go stock up on feed and see those of you that are going. I will be bringing Mr. Jazz (Great Dane) and the new puppy!

Just a word of caution - have you heard about the Parvo outbreak going around the Seattle area? It has been traced back to the Pet Expo in Puyallup a month or so ago. My greyhound group is cancelling outreach booths and telling dog owners to be careful about exposing their dogs. A lot of dog parks are closed, too. Supposedly it is even killing vaccinated adults!

Jennifer

I read about that the other day.
What are the symptoms of parvo??

Who is going to be at Bothell feed center on Saturday? :D  And when?

I plan to be there, my schedule is flexible. :)

I reallly want to come! I need to know what time though, so I can plan accordingly. My in-laws are in Shoreline so I can make it a dual purpose trip maybe :) I would love it to be a late morning trip, maybe 11am?

I am pretty flexable. Ya'll just tell me what time to be there and I will be there. I can't wait to go stock up on feed and see those of you that are going. I will be bringing Mr. Jazz (Great Dane) and the new puppy!

I was planning on getting started on baking this Saturday so earlier would be better. Not too early, but around 10:30 or 11. Does that work for you?

10:30-11 works for me!

I made a quarantine cage out of wire panels that I already had:

I have a boatload of these panels, I use them for inventory storage: 

I've been trying to figure out how/where I was going to quarantine new chickens, I'm happy to have thought of this :) I can make the cage as large as it needs to be if they seem crowded. And then  I can use it outside to introduce the new chickens too :)

That is a super awsome idea! ;-)

*sigh*

The weather radar loop is particularly discouraging today: it has rained. It is raining. It will keep raining.

SO tired of being wet!

Hi everyone!! I've been MIA for a bit. Just wanted to drop in and say HI!! Hope everyone is doing well. Sorry I have not had time to read up on all the posts.

Hope all is well, everyone is happy and healthy and that you are all close to being ready for Christmas!!

Oh and I did see the Flash Mob video, I had to watch that, it was cool! Thanks for sharing!

Here is Ratchet, the new pup. He sleeps so funny!

We named him Ratchet in keeping with our ”theme” of dogs named after Transformers!

I'll admit that I was going to ask if Transformers was the theme there before I scrolled to your comment.
cool.png

Quote:
That is a great idea! There was a thread I saved that talked about building Serama cages from these. I believe they were called C&C cages and were originally used for guinea pigs, but modified for Seramas. Let me see if I can find the link...
That's where I got the idea--I remembered that my friend had a guinea pig cage made of them :) She didn't have a top on hers because they can't fly of course..I just put cardboard on the floor underneath, with some newspapers, since it's just temporary. I may make it bigger, we'll see how the new hens like it. They seem ok, especially if I let them wander the garage once in a while.

Back
Top Bottom