Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

After school today I was talking to my kids about the new hens, and they both thought I said "that one lays chocolate covered eggs". Maybe I did? It was funny anyway ;). They were excited for a moment.

After school today I was talking to my kids about the new hens, and they both thought I said "that one lays chocolate covered eggs". Maybe I did? It was funny anyway
wink.png
. They were excited for a moment.

If they laid chocolate covered eggs, that is all I would ever eat. Of course chocolate eggs would be even better.
lau.gif

I have several of these Douglas Squirrels living around my home and they think the back deck is theirs. They don't even move when we are feet away. I keep the bird and squirrel feeders out there. My question is, now that my chickens think the back deck is theirs, can squirrels and chickens get along or am I due for a fight from one or the other.

Mama this last spring, we now have more needless to say. I wonder if they stay in the same territory or if they go away off at a certain age.

I have several of these Douglas Squirrels living around my home and they think the back deck is theirs. They don't even move when we are feet away. I keep the bird and squirrel feeders out there. My question is, now that my chickens think the back deck is theirs, can squirrels and chickens get along or am I due for a fight from one or the other.

Mama this last spring, we now have more needless to say. I wonder if they stay in the same territory or if they go away off at a certain age.

We used to get the squirrels at my grandparents house to come inside and climb up our legs for peanuts. They learn pretty quick if you are going to harm them or not.

My chickens will chase the squirrels around the yard. It's pretty funny...
lol.png

Last edited:

We used to get the squirrels at my grandparents house to come inside and climb up our legs for peanuts. They learn pretty quick if you are going to harm them or not.
We have Grey squirrels here. one is a female that has been here for the six years we've been here. we recognize her by a nick in her ear. she has babies every spring. I can get her to come in the house to get peanuts and she will run up my leg to take peanuts too. the DW won't let me feed it on the porch. BUT what she don't know won't hurt right
tongue2.gif

my chickens and the squirrels stay away from each other

We have Grey squirrels here. one is a female that has been here for the six years we've been here. we recognize her by a nick in her ear. she has babies every spring. I can get her to come in the house to get peanuts and she will run up my leg to take peanuts too. the DW won't let me feed it on the porch. BUT what she don't know won't hurt right
tongue2.gif

my chickens and the squirrels stay away from each other
Oh, that is too cute. My next project I think!

Whew! I've been organizing our school stuff this afternoon and it's been a huge project. The huge armoire cabinet I've been using to store it all is going to be repurposed and moved into the living room (after the Christmas tree goes away) to store firewood yearly, so I was forced to get resourceful and move everything somewhere else. Eesh. It's still a mess but we'll figure it all out sometime.

I wanted to let y'all know that we have fallen in love with and use Dawn's soap and lotion products EXCLUSIVELY in our home. They're the only soaps that don't make us itch! LOL She is extremely reasonably priced for home made soaps and I highly recommend her products! Hint hint...she'll be at the Bothel Feed Center on Saturday if you want to arrange to buy stuff from her ahead of time!!

Anyone know if Bothell Feed Center will also be accepting Purina coupons for feed along with their sale? If so, I'm gonna majorly save on Saturday! I have 2 $10 off coupons for buying 2 bags of Purina, and 1 $5 off coupon for one bag. I think if I can use the coupons in separate transactions I'm gonna make out like a bandit!

Back
Top Bottom