Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I planted my horseradish in a separate raised bed made from an old rusted out 55 gallon drum. Seemed to work out pretty well.

Congrats on the 10 eggs! A couple of my chickens took a break today, so I got 5.
The day I get 16 I’ll know everyone it good , I think 6 were from the pullets and 4 from the older hens

At least my little "ponds" have dried up. I have to "crown" the field a little better or at least move the laying coop to a drier area. Its on wheels but there's no moving it until the soils really dry out. This was my first winter with my feathered friends and I definitely need to make improvement for next year. Not that they seemed to mind - they were splashing through the pond like it was nothing. (Except when it froze.)

We are fortunate no low standing water of any kind.
We have one tractor that we put the banty in.
The guy that made it did it with conduit bent it so strong as heck.
They had chicken wire I immediately put hardware cloth 1/4 inch around it.
Also have shade cloth for it. IMG_20220805_122526.jpg

Hey everybody! I hope you are all well.

I am looking for a few different birds to add to my flock this season - we just upgraded our pasture area with a couple ponds, yay! Our farm is located in eastern Washington. I need some direction in where to look for some adult birds. I am hoping to adopt hand friendly birds since I spend a lot of time interacting with my mixed flock.

I am looking for:
1-2 blue slate turkey hens
bonded breeding pair of Cayuga ducks
bonded breeding pair of Chinese geese
Marek's vaccinated silkie hens

I have a couple of 8 month old, very friendly blue splash silkie roosters that are looking for new homes as well.

I don't need all of them at once haha but am just seeing what my options are. I can look into goslings, ducklings and poults in the spring if need be but figured I'd inquire here first to see if people were looking to adopt out.

Thanks so much!

Hey everybody! I hope you are all well.

I am looking for a few different birds to add to my flock this season - we just upgraded our pasture area with a couple ponds, yay! Our farm is located in eastern Washington. I need some direction in where to look for some adult birds. I am hoping to adopt hand friendly birds since I spend a lot of time interacting with my mixed flock.

I am looking for:
1-2 blue slate turkey hens
bonded breeding pair of Cayuga ducks
bonded breeding pair of Chinese geese
Marek's vaccinated silkie hens

I have a couple of 8 month old, very friendly blue splash silkie roosters that are looking for new homes as well.

I don't need all of them at once haha but am just seeing what my options are. I can look into goslings, ducklings and poults in the spring if need be but figured I'd inquire here first to see if people were looking to adopt out.

Thanks so much!

I have not vaccinated for about 5 years now. All the vaccinated adult hens are either old biddies or active breeders. A good portion of the younger ones now have ameraucana blood in their background as well which seems to help as ameraucana aren't easily susceptible to Mareks and silkies are very susceptible.

I fully understand wanting to get them vaccinated. It's not cost efficient for me to vaccinate at the moment because it's $60 shipping and $30 each vaccine. If I was hatching a lot it would be doable.

Back
Top Bottom