Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Boy we have had the monsoon rain here in kitsap county,, everything is saturated soggy— my chicken run over hang is starting to smell — I scoop it everyday- i have turned it but things are just to wet..
So I am looking at ways to cut the ammonia smell before it gets toxic—

https://lucernefarms.com/how-to-reduce-ammonia-in-poultry-houses/

There are a number of ways to lower levels of ammonia in the coop, starting with cleaning stalls and run-ins on a regular basis (no matter how cold your fingers may be!). The liberal application of chicken coop bedding, such as Koop Clean, in the coop and nesting boxes effectively eliminates ammonia. Sweet PDZ, the active ingredient in Koop Clean, is made from zeolites and effectively neutralizes the ammonia gases. In addition to these measures, keeping the coop well ventilated will also aid in your chickens’ respiratory health (but make sure that they do not catch a chill!).

The worst here is the silkie courtyard and I walk through it. The pens are fairly dry as Ive built up the soil in there. I do need to clean out the houses again though.
I’ll gear up in my muck clothes in the morning , I’ll shovel up the wet stuff and toss it in the big run - go to Wilco and get 2 or 3 bundles of wood shavings - it’s a long time till June ☔🌧️☔🌧️☔🌧️

Hi everyone! I have two 6 month beautiful Swedish/Peking drakes that need a home. I have two too many drakes for my small flock. These two were hatched and raised together here in Snohomish County Washington. If you are interested please contact me! Thank you!!!
IMG_3002.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2997.jpeg
    IMG_2997.jpeg
    788.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3006.jpeg
    IMG_3006.jpeg
    527.1 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom