Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Good Morning everyone!

Thanks for the nice comments on my coop & pen expansion. I was a little low yesterday, I think you noticed.
The girls seem to like the new setup and I'm sure they appreciate not being locked out while we installed it! I had to put their nest box outside and close the pop door. I put it in the dust bath tub and put the lid on top. My barnevelder didn't seem to mind, but the BSL put up a real fuss!

I'm going to wait for good weather and paint everything. I'm thinking of trying to do something cute on the blank wall on the end. I'd like to cut a window in there. Maybe I could add shutters. A window box would be cute, too. Any EASY ideas? I know some of you are super creative! But it has to be super easy for me to do and to maintain.

This is one of my Cochin chicks. I can't tell if its going to be blue or self blue. I have both, but this one is making it tough. It's little Wong feathers are starting to come in. I know I will probably have to wait for it to grow a little more to see the color but, What color do y'all think it might be?

They look like a Splash, especially if you have Blue to Blue mating.

I bet the birds are loving their new digs now that they aren't shut out. :lol: It looks great!

Not creative (don't even have a coop yet! :lol:) But I'm sure you'll get lots of suggestions! Can't wait! :)

So (not sure why this just now came to me) once I am ready to get my chicks (won't be for a few months still) would it be better to get a hen to hang out with them and show them what to do, or would there be a chance of her trying to peck the babies?

Hope that makes sense!

So (not sure why this just now came to me) once I am ready to get my chicks (won't be for a few months still) would it be better to get a hen to hang out with them and show them what to do, or would there be a chance of her trying to peck the babies?

Hope that makes sense!

She would likely kill the chicks. It would be best to just get the chicks. They are hard wired on what they need to do. All you have to do is provide a secure place to grow, warmth, and show them where the food and water are.

Back
Top Bottom