Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

OK so I am WAAAAY behind I been on the run most of the day.
THANK YOU SO MUCH to (in no particular order but ladies first) Nikki99, Sarahkatie. Cloverleaf Farm, Mr. Nikki99, Mikey, and turtlepowertrav. For the wonderful meet up. WE now hold a couple BYC records.

1) biggest ever (to date) south end meet up.
2) First ever south end meet up.
3) Largest display of PINK, guns (on somebody's shirt
lau.gif
) and maybe largest display of pink guns
idunno.gif
too.

4) Largest group to tour CR's coops and survive.
Thanks all who came I had a great time.
yuckyuck.gif

Does anyone want a super cute red frizzle roo? Mr. Mango is 6 months old. I don't currently want a rooster at my house and am looking to rehome him... not for food :) $10 Pm me if you're interested

Hello Washingtonians! I have a pretty large flock of Speckled Sussex (13 hens and 4 roosters). I rescued them last year from a neighbor and they are proving to be great fun and great layers.

I am currently looking to rehome 2 of our SS roosters (for breeding or pets)... I just don't have enough hens to go around! I've attached a picture of the 2 boys (Roo is on the left, Buck on the right), and can post more upon request - I think they would be good for SS breeding stock as they seems to fit the standard pretty well.

They are 9-months old, both are good with "the girls", not terribly vocal, and VERY tame (they enjoy sitting on my lap for cuddles). I would also be willing to part with 1-2 of my SS hens with each rooster for anyone that is looking to start a flock.

We are located in Kitsap County, but I would be willing to drive a fair distance for right home. Any takers??

Best Regards-

You might have some luck if you ask around on FB. There is a Western Washington Rooster Exchange page that may or may not be helpful, and you can join the BYC peeps there and reach more people who might be able to keep roosters. Good luck!

Nite all. I'm sad I'm going to miss the IKEA meet-up tomorrow. Have a good time! Have some of those yummy Swedish meatballs for me, k?

DD has been pretty sick today and I wouldn't want her to come into the store and expose her germs to you, or anyone else. There's a chance she may have the flu. I don't know. I always thought the flu was stomach issues, but learned today (thanks Jessica) that it's not. We've been having to do the alternating Tylenol/Ibuprofen trick to keep her temp down. She ate very little and the poor girl busted up in tears a few times, too. Seeing her cry was the most difficult part of it, because other than the medication, there was nothing I could do. I'm going to try and get some extra sleep and, hopefully, avoid catching this thing from her.

Quote: OHH yes and SPIFFY"S is famous for their home made pies. Are they big slices??

Oh fluffin ducks, now I want pie! I'm gonna have to quietly get out of bed to find something to stuff my face with. We don't have pie so it won't quite be as satisfying! Man, really sounds like I missed one of the best meet ups.
Of course it was cause it was hosted by CR and CO-hosted by mikey. get ya some that pie if ya ever come to visit.

Back
Top Bottom