Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Ok, that's what I figured, just wanted to make sure I won't be doing future kiddos a dis-service.

Does anybody sell Orpington, Barred Rock, or Australorp chicks around here? Does anybody have experience with any of these three being more broody? (should this be going in a different forum?) :lol:

[COLOR=0000CD]This is what most call a soft shell egg, but it actually has no shell at all. As long as she lays normal eggs most of the time and only lays one of these very rarely then there is no problem at all. It can be cause by stress or being startled by a loud noise when she is laying, pushing the egg out before the hen had a chance to put the shell on. But if she lays these quite often it means that she needs more calcium. [/COLOR]

I would say, fairly new layer, still a pullet. They can take awhile to get it right every time. But keep an eye on them. Do you put out oyster shell?

I have oyster shells in the coop.... Wish I knew who it belongs to :-( I figure I can eliminate 2 out of my six hens.... Guess the only thing left is to keep watch #shrug

Welcome to DeltaBluezTess and any other new peeps, and welcome back to TiffsBroodyBabes!

CR, we will miss having you around but that is so great that Iron Imagery is getting noticed and invited to shows! Will you have a new batch of easy care chicks at the Monroe show?

Hope everyone is doing well.

Welcome to DeltaBluezTess and any other new peeps, and welcome back to TiffsBroodyBabes!

CR, we will miss having you around but that is so great that Iron Imagery is getting noticed and invited to shows! Will you have a new batch of easy care chicks at the Monroe show?

Hope everyone is doing well.
Not really sure if I will have "no mess chickens" there. I WILL NOT be there as a vendor and I WILL NOT have the trailer with all my goods in it. But I may be able to bring a few chicks and a few "Special orders" if anybody wants to order anything.

ep.gif
What Tiff popped back in and I missed her ???
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom