Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

OK so I know this is out of the blue but has anyone heard about Zaycon foods? They are a bulk meat company where you order meats by the case for a cheaper price then you get at the store.They are having the chicken event here in Arlington on the 12 and I was debating on whether or not I should do it.... I would love any to hear if anyone has ever ordered from them. Thanks

Hey all,

I am new to the forum and have only lived in Seattle a bit over a year. Our coop is nearly finished (if they are ever finished) and we hope to get our first chickens this week. Any tips from you north westerners that have been at this a while?

Thanks for making a great site!
Welcome! What part of Seattle? I'm near Northgate.

Last edited:
Quote: Please do and let them know I got it from Monty on easy Gardening Forum I believe the sister site of this one who gave me the advice.
I thought it was smart and could possibly help someone here or any where for that matter.

It is real painful to walk out in the morning to see another row of raspberries chewed down or tomatoes gone as my dog is to old to chase them now.
If finances don't come through and can't do the fence I may have to go that route.
People feed the deer here and they have lost all fear.

Hey all,

I am new to the forum and have only lived in Seattle a bit over a year. Our coop is nearly finished (if they are ever finished) and we hope to get our first chickens this week. Any tips from you north westerners that have been at this a while?

Thanks for making a great site!
Welcome, Rory; I am new here also, have chicks about ready to move outside to the coop if it ever gets done! Where are you in Seattle? I am in Lynnwood.

As promised

Black

Blue

Splash(pigment hole on left second toe)

Silkies and the "meat group". The Silkies are a week older than the meaties and half the size.

Buckbeak(Buck), Porcelain "Special needs" cockerel from Catdance(6mo)

Marsala, Porcelain pullet from MB(4.5mo)

General Tso, Blue cockerel from MB(5mo)

As promised

Black

Blue

Splash(pigment hole on left second toe)

Silkies and the "meat group". The Silkies are a week older than the meaties and half the size.

Buckbeak(Buck), Porcelain "Special needs" cockerel from Catdance(6mo)

Marsala, Porcelain pullet from MB(4.5mo)

General Tso, Blue cockerel from MB(5mo)
Gosh they are all cute. What makes Buck special needs? I have a special needs Siamese cat that has vision, and hearing issues, and also has seizures.

I love the look of these guys, but want laying hens, not to mention I don't have a place that isn't muddy and soggy to try to keep them.

Gosh they are all cute. What makes Buck special needs? I have a special needs Siamese cat that has vision, and hearing issues, and also has seizures.

I love the look of these guys, but want laying hens, not to mention I don't have a place that isn't muddy and soggy to try to keep them.
Buckbeak(Buck) has wry tail, a curved spine and his lower beak is too long and needs to be filed from time to time.

Nikki, I was just looking at your avatar full size. Your daughter is precious. Those boots and pink dress are so cute together and the dog food can placed just right. I can tell that this summer we are going to have to have a plant start trip to a bunch of homes. That clematis in the background is gorgeous. I want a start....

Gotta say I agree that my daughter is precious, but I'm really biased! We call her The Chicken Whisperer. She'll put her pink Dora lawn chair in the coop to "keep the hens company" while they sit in their nest boxes. She says they're her babies, and that I am therefore their grandmother. (grrrr!)

As for the clematis, it actually isn't. I have no luck with clematis whatsoever. That was a cosmo that was VERY happy last summer. I've never had such huge cosmo blooms! I'll agree on the plant start trip or meet up, though. I'm a plant junkie on a limited budget!

Thanks again for the compliment. I'll pass it on to Katie.

--Nikki

Back
Top Bottom