Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

As promised

Black

Blue

Splash(pigment hole on left second toe)

Silkies and the "meat group". The Silkies are a week older than the meaties and half the size.

Buckbeak(Buck), Porcelain "Special needs" cockerel from Catdance(6mo)

Marsala, Porcelain pullet from MB(4.5mo)

General Tso, Blue cockerel from MB(5mo)

cute!

WOW Does oregon have one of these threads too ? Hope ya seahawkers do not mine a duck in your Yark . HI all

welcome-byc.gif
No problem , we have quite a few duck on here!

Quote: It is very good. The beet will not add any beet flavour to the horseraddish, but it will eliminate the bitter and actually I find most of the time it adds some sweet taste. It's still horseraddish though, so go lightly or your sinuis will be opened up!
This came from my mom, but I don't know if it's a Polish thing.

Quote: Totalcolour, do you keep all 100 for your self after processing or do you sell? I'm just curious. I would like to raise some meaties, especially since I now have all the parts for a plucker, except the "fingers".

Paul, did you do anything different with your meaty roo once you found out that he was still alive? Like restrict his diet, etc?

Last edited:
I think this is the first Easter Sunday I have done absolutely nothing Easter-related(unless you count gathering eggs!
tongue.png
). It's been a very relaxing day.

Husband is doing volunteer work with the parks department until late afternoon. I'm making some clotted cream, and toying with the idea of making some lemon curd and orange curd as well. I have several friends coming over throughout the week for tea. Maybe I'll hard boil some eggs and make curried egg salad sandwiches, too...

Totalcolour, do you keep all 100 for your self after processing or do you sell? I'm just curious. I would like to raise some meaties, especially since I now have all the parts for a plucker, except the "fingers".

Paul, did you do anything different with your meaty roo once you found out that he was still alive? Like restrict his diet, etc?
I have not put out any feed intentionaly, but with the feed mill they spend a few minutes there and at the compost pile every day.

I think this is the first Easter Sunday I have done absolutely nothing Easter-related(unless you count gathering eggs!
tongue.png
). It's been a very relaxing day.

Husband is doing volunteer work with the parks department until late afternoon. I'm making some clotted cream, and toying with the idea of making some lemon curd and orange curd as well. I have several friends coming over throughout the week for tea. Maybe I'll hard boil some eggs and make curried egg salad sandwiches, too...

Oh, gee, I wish I was one of those friends coming over! I'm drooling just reading about it! And it sounds so relaxing and fun, too. I hope you have a great week after you relaxed Sunday. My turkey is still baking and the chicks are have the time of their life dust bathing outdoors in this beautiful weather. Life is good again.

Could it be... an Easter gift from Latte (our fudgelet)? There was a tiny peach egg in the nest box. I don't know for sure that it came from Latte, but as small as it is, it makes me wonder.

Back
Top Bottom