Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Quote: I will neither confirm nor deny those allegations, or any related accusations related to the disappearance of Reber's free popcorn in fast order upon our arrival, addiction to new chick arrivals, buying unneeded feed and/or supplies just for an excuse to visit, or any future allegations thereby.
wink.png

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

Since this is only my second kidding, I'm not sure: BUT I think the goat has dropped and is ready - she looks fit to bust. I reckon there's at least two in her - she can barely move around her belly and udder is so big. Worst part is, we will be gone a lot this weekend and the kid looking after them doesn't know much. Oh well, goats have been doing it for thousands of years, guess she can manage it on her own.

Then we have another one, almost as big, due late next week!

LOTS OF TASTY MEALS THIS WINTER. We had goat shanks with sauce and root vegetables over rice the other night. It was downright wonderful.

And, we have two rabbits with babies, and one ready to kindle, and one ready for breeding. The larder will be full.
Have her pelvic tendons lapsed (disappeared)!?! Ooh! So exciting! What kind of goats do you have? Oh I love goats! =) If you need a goat sitter, I am free all weekend! lol... Every weekend!

What kind of rabbits doe you have? TC, can I come visit? Or move in!? lol! kidding, kinda...

have you tried the Fish? That's where we usually go after work. Fishtale brew pub, that is.
Hi Lutefisk, I was reading your post and thought I would chime in, Fishtale is a great place and I love the fish and their seasonal brews but my favorite is the seafood stew they make sometimes, I don't know if it is always on the menu but it is worth waiting for. And congrats on getting hitched!

I want to say
welcome-byc.gif
to all the new people. I could only skim on the phone and posting can be a pain. I know there are quite a few who have posted lately.

Quote: Yeah, sounds like it will be a lot like ours, lol! We figured, you know, 5 kids later, we'd better make it official.....
Quote: Helloo!! Welcome to the Washingtonian Thread!!! This one most fast so hold on to your hats!! Congrats on the chickens and run! I am sure lots of friends here will be happy to help fill it up
lau.gif
. I am sure pigs and chickens do just fine together, chickens are pretty adaptable, but I am imagining a big muddy mess
roll.png

Hello, I am in Olympia, specifically the Steamboat Island neighborhood. I have 6 Rhode Island Reds so far, 5 hens and 1 rooster. We are going to see how this goes and hopefully get more, we made a huge run for them and hope to fill it up someday. One of these days I'm hoping to get a couple pigs, I need to find out if they can co-exist with chickens or if I have to keep them separate, that was the idea of the huge run, to have an open barn yard type setting. Have fun with your hatchlings and good luck!

welcome-byc.gif

I wish I could go, but lately my free time is taken up by cleaning up after Ruby: this morning it was a number 2 emergency before breakfast.

The reference to "McMenamin's Spar" in Lutefisk's post makes me sad; we've stopped going to the Spar now that it's been McMenimensized, even though we've happily eaten at the ones on Oregon City and West Linn since they opened. They've taken our favorite items off the menu and the local color is totally gone. Better The Olympia Oyster House or King Solomon's Reef.
have you tried the Fish? That's where we usually go after work. Fishtale brew pub, that is.

We've been dropping by the Martin Way Diner, mostly. Fishtail is NOISY (which is why we avoid a lot of places, from Anthony's to Tugboat Annie's) and also their menu is full of stuff I can't eat, mostly bacon and sunflower seeds.

Have her pelvic tendons lapsed (disappeared)!?! Ooh! So exciting! What kind of goats do you have? Oh I love goats! =) If you need a goat sitter, I am free all weekend! lol... Every weekend!

What kind of rabbits doe you have? TC, can I come visit? Or move in!? lol! kidding, kinda...
I didn't get close enough to see her this morning. But she did look like my mare did just before she foaled. She was out on the goat "deck" and I didn't have my mud boots on
wink.png

One is a purebred Boer, the other is a 3/4 Boer, 1/4 Nubian. Both big girls.

The bunnies are all different breeds. The buck is a gorgeous black otter Rex, we have one broken 1/2 Rex, one little black mixed bunny who is the BEST mom and so far best producer, one Champagne D'Argent girl (due to kindle), and another young Rex girl, blue I think.

You can come visit for sure, just so you know though, all our animals are producers, so the babies become food.

We just had dinner last weekend with friends at Aya Sushi, and it was fabulous. For any fish lovers, try it - great food, beautifully presented and very inexpensive for what your get. NOT noisy, and nice decor.

Back
Top Bottom