Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Oh well I can see here I an once again all alone...................it's OK, I been here alone before~~~~~~~~~~~

Have some duckling shots for TC....forgot to take pics of Lutesfisk's babies...so there is the duckles !!!

I love the way Skovies always look like they are smiling~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maybe it's just me but two of my girls really put the cuckoo in cuckoo maran! Serious nerd birds!
I think it's you! Lol! JK!

I think the splash Marans that I used to have was kind of dorky until she started to lay. A couple months later she was just great. Acted like a normal chicken. If there is one!
lau.gif

I think it's you! Lol! JK!

I think the splash Marans that I used to have was kind of dorky until she started to lay. A couple months later she was just great. Acted like a normal chicken. If there is one!
lau.gif
Kim remember the KRAZY AMs we had for a while ????????????????????????
Beautiful...but outright INSANE !!!!!

Hello everyone!

It's been a very long time since I've dropped in (I have an extremely difficult time keeping up with this thread) but I have a pretty [COLOR=FF0000]URGENT [/COLOR]situation here. I have a sick duck and I have no idea what's going on with her or what to do. She seemed fine last night when I put them away. Today I was gone all day and when we got home we let them out of their yard to free range and that's when we noticed that something wasn't right with her. She let us approach her and pick her up without a peep and she never does that, she always keeps her distance. I checked her over and didn't find anything obvious so we took her down to their wading pool and when she got in she just sat there for a good hour not really doing much. She's drinking but then it's all coming back up. She looked like she was having a seizure at one point and then couldn't walk but now she can. She's got no interest in food at all and doesn't even try to keep up with the other ducks like she usually does. 

She's about 1 yr old
Blue Swedish
Feed store duckling that we've had since she was a tiny baby

Google hasn't been much help. 

Wonder if there's a bad batch of feed going around? My friend just lost a ton of her ducks with similar symptoms and the autopsy lab report came back aflatoxin poisoning. I'm on mobile right now but try googling that and see if its similar or if there's treatment.

Quote: Totally! Those were some crazy peeps! Thought they were going to hurt or kill themselves when they would freak out and hit stuff like fencing, walls, etc.

I love my calm Faverolles! My babies just got moved to the tractor coop. They are a little crazy at the teenage stage, but soon will be calm and sweet!

I loved that little splash I got from you! She was so lovely! Crazy flighty, but very pretty. Darn bobcat!
somad.gif

I have this cute wild rabbit that like to come hang with the chickens when they are out an about. He/she also like running around and around my tractor coop. It's so dang cute! I will have to get some pictures of it.

Just thought I would share.
big_smile.png

They're just really really goofy is all I meant by it. They kill me- one ALWAYS has to have what the other is eating, constantly into things, always playing and scaring the business out of each other.
Kim- really think you need bunny chicken love pictures to share

I have this cute wild rabbit that like to come hang with the chickens when they are out an about. He/she also like running around and around my tractor coop. It's so dang cute! I will have to get some pictures of it.

Just thought I would share.
big_smile.png
Aren't they wonderful! We have a domestic bun gone feral. She escaped a few months ago, and we were sure she would get eaten by a predator. But no, she comes out every morning and evening and delights us with her antics (particularly by freaking out the hound!).

Have some duckling shots for TC....forgot to take pics of Lutesfisk's babies...so there is the duckles !!!

I love the way Skovies always look like they are smiling~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you Robin, himself will be pleased. We have plans to "swap" those that are drakes, with a friend, so that we have unrelated birds for breeding. Those are nice looking duckies!

Back
Top Bottom