Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I was in Vancouver in April and coincidentally found a poultry show. IT WAS AWESOME! I didn't get any contact information for the person showing their gorgeous English Black Australorps. I have puppy mill australorps and am starting to have some issues. Does anyone know of the people who show these beautiful birds and can share their contact info? I would be so grateful.
I have never heard of ENGLISH Black Australorps..................I have heard of English Orpingtons....
idunno.gif

So, last night after dinner, I got a sharp piece of bamboo and walked all over the area & down the driveway and stabbed slugs, then flicked them in the driveway.
Hundreds !
This after I have been stabbing slugs for 3 days prior !
This morning my long driveway is dotted with hundreds of snotty slugs.
YIPPEE !

I am doing nothing productive except washed all the remote controls with dampened Q-tips...so exciting...........
roll.png

Garden doing great, berry picking done, watering done, coops cleaned, poop trays cleaned, babies all hatched...brooder doing fine.
Guess it is tome to get out another good book to read.
I am running out of slugs~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
gig.gif

Imp, one day I still need to get 2-3 Thimbleberries from you...they have to go in big pots & did yours sucker ?
My raspberries sucker like crazy !
OK back to cleaning or something............
frow.gif

So, last night after dinner, I got a sharp piece of bamboo and walked all over the area & down the driveway and stabbed slugs, then flicked them in the driveway.
Hundreds !
YIPPEE !

I am doing nothing productive except washed all the remote controls with dampened Q-tips...so exciting...........
roll.png

Garden doing great, berry picking done, watering done, coops cleaned, poop trays cleaned, babies all hatched...brooder doing fine.
gig.gif

Imp, one day I still need to get 2-3 Thimbleberries from you...they have to go in big pots & did yours sucker ?
frow.gif

you have a lot of slugs sounds like you need some ducks.

I have never heard of ENGLISH Black Australorps..................I have heard of English Orpingtons....
idunno.gif
Huh, didn't even notice that in the post. Technically though both are in the English class. "English Orpingtons" is just code for incorrectly bred Orpingtons (before anyone gets up in arms, read the Standard).

Sorry Robin, but the comp here at work won't let me quote. I'm not sure, but it kind of looks like an Aronia or Choke Berry. Russ

Thanks...I will write all this down & look it up in my books.
I was also wondering if the berries are poisonous, or not.

Lonicera involucrata, sorry for the misspelling: my botany is of a much higher quality than my spelling, BTW: I was taught first by Margaret McKinney herself, and have actually been paid to work as an ethnobotanist.

The berries are edible, but they make better ink than jam; they're one of the dyes for the black work on PNW basketry.

The way you can tell them from Aronia (which is cluster-bearing, by the way) or choke cherry (which bears on single stems) is those pretty pink papery bracts which surround first their small yellow bell-shaped flowers and then their deep black fruit; the word "involucrata" refers to a bracket.

Last edited:
robj n Chickielady think that's funny? Well, SOME of them there boogers, we's a gonna EAT when they is a LOT bigger.

Thanks BGMatt for the list... I'll see what we can find out!
-Aleta G.

I just did something I try not to do, and added up all the chickens I have: 38, last time I looked, of which 22 are chicks, but still...

I say this because one of our old friends called up to tell us there's a fantastic experimental band from Prague playing in Olympia at 10:30 tonight and we really should go... yeah, no, I have to be in a particular place physically and psychologically to survive that scene, and that place isn't even visible from where I sit.

(I'm only sitting right now because I am being brought dinner; then I get to go out and work on the shearing table for another hour or so).

38 chickens. Jeez Louise.

Hundreds !
YIPPEE !

roll.png

gig.gif

frow.gif
Thought you said that you were being nonproductive Slug Pokin is productive and stress reliever at the same time. If I did that here over the last couple days the driveway would be covered in Slug Jerky! You guys been Fishin?
you have a lot of slugs sounds like you need some ducks.
I'd rather step on a slug bare foot than follow a duck barefoot!
robj n Chickielady think that's funny? Well, SOME of them there boogers, we's a gonna EAT when they is a LOT bigger.

Thanks BGMatt for the list... I'll see what we can find out!
-Aleta G.
That habit has been hard for me to kick too! Don't let them get to big or you'll have to make Booger stew!

Back
Top Bottom