Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

So... who here might be going to show or see the poultry exhibit in Puyallup this year? We'll be there on a TH, F or Sun, not sure which yet... Also, there's the NAPA show in Richfield in October... anyone else going? I'm trying to hunt down a Heritage breeder I can bend an ear on in person... and it would be fun/give more reason to go, if any of ya'll are heading there.
-Aleta G.
I won't be showing at the PNPA but will be going to check out birds and talk with friends. I may bring a cockerel to show at the Winter Brisk in Chehalis.

I am trying to find a SQ Silkie to be able to show. I just don't have any luck.

Trav has nice ones from the pictures I've seen. Catdance Silkies has some pretty nice ones, and Ed and Marge best have good ones as well. Three good sources, all in the PNW, super easy to find. Heck at the last PNPA show there were more silkies than OEGBs!!!

Well, the hired hand has come and gone and still no UPS delivery; it could come as late as 8pm. We moved the chick boxes outside so that I won't have to move them all the way from the bathroom when we DO get the pen built, but I am badly disappointed, to say the least.

We did get things a little straightened around so that maybe, possibly, if their standards aren't too high, somebody could sleep in the front bedroom; the bed is fine, if you don't need to stand next to it to get in, or anything.

So... who here might be going to show or see the poultry exhibit in Puyallup this year? We'll be there on a TH, F or Sun, not sure which yet... Also, there's the NAPA show in Richfield in October... anyone else going? I'm trying to hunt down a Heritage breeder I can bend an ear on in person... and it would be fun/give more reason to go, if any of ya'll are heading there.
-Aleta G.

I'll be exhibiting at both shows!

So I need a little help. A few weeks back my neighbors dogs came over and killed a few of my chickens. I have never been so mad and upset. I had warned them several times to keep their dogs on their side. Yet they ignored it and now I lost some of my flock. I have several laying Hens and I am getting only an egg a day, maybe two if I am lucky now. I need help with trying to find a light Brahama hen for my six year old son. The dog killed his "lucky6" and was the only one we had. He chose her for his birthday this past May. He has been heart broken over the loss and I can't find another anywhere near. I am desperately looking for a new Lucky6 for my son. It would mean the world to me to find him another that looks just like his old one. I know it wouldn't be the same, but to have him happy with another pet chicken would make his day. If someone could help me I would appreciate it.
thought I would bump this sense I had theluck to be the last comment the page before.

I am hoping that everything today goes perfectly well for the UPS people; I've got two run kits coming from Amazon (the same ones can be ordered from HD but they cost $30 more and there was a longer shipping time) and I need to get those chickens out of the hall bathroom!
What run kits? Like dog runs?

Quote: Yeah, unfortunately most don't get rid if their show quality ones. At least the ones that they grow out themselves. Those are kept and pampered because you don't get many per hatch. So it makes it really hard to find any for sale.
sad.png

I am hoping that everything today goes perfectly well for the UPS people; I've got two run kits coming from Amazon (the same ones can be ordered from HD but they cost $30 more and there was a longer shipping time) and I need to get those chickens out of the hall bathroom!

What run kits? Like dog runs?

http://www.amazon.com/Ware-01491-HD-Chick-N-Rabbit-Pen/dp/B000HGB90C/ref=pd_rhf_ee_p_d_2

It doesn't come with a coop, but I've got sufficient stuff hanging around to build a quick lean-to.

I'm going to be hard-pressed to do it without help, but it's not like I've got any choice. DH helped as much as he could the last few days and is now pretty wrecked. My sister and her family are haying and getting ready for the fair next week. I'm all there is.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom