Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Congrats on your handsome big baby, Totalcolor!!!

Totalcolour~I love the pic of your dog, that mastiff block head is awesome...I think he looks adorable! My parents have had several mastiff's over the years and they've all been the sweetest dogs!
He is incredibly sweet - he adores Himself; he was ecstatic when he got up and petted him this morning. But he is blocky - a bit intimidating at first.
Totalcolor, love the new boy! He's a cutie!

totalcolor - very nice looking dog! - sounds like he has good instincts too!

Thank you all for the comments. Yes, his head, neck and shoulders are massive. Also, when he barked at the UPS guy today, I found his bark terrifying, very low and menacing. I'm glad he's taken a strong liking to us. He did manage to open the gate and go walkabout while I was in the bathroom - Airedale waited til I let her out and she fetched him back (which I find remarkable since she goes walkabout whenever she can!).

The really good news is his reaction to the goats, ducks and chickens - NO reaction! The Airedale on the other hand would eat any and all of them if given the chance.

The worst part of this whole thing though, is having them gaze adoringly into my face all the time, from only a few feet away - I haven't got anything done today (a bit of jealousy on Scruff's part, and him wanting so much to be accepted I think).

Ok, we got our new baby tonight. He's already decided he's the master's dog. But what a personality! Really laid back, until the Airedale decided a predator was about and he woke up very quickly. What a lovely boy.

He's a pretty boy. He looks sweet tempered.

Hi all,

I am in Seattle and new to raising chickens, so I've been lurking around here a bit. Earlier this year I was given two Swedish Flower Hen chicks - unfortunately one was eaten by my partner's dog, and the other has become a very sweet and ... handsome cockerel. Alas. I've tried sneaking him into the enclosed nesting box at night so he won't crow at the first sliver of light, but it's only really succeeded in delaying his crowing until 5am, and then he just won't stop. The neighbors aren't amused. So, as a latch ditch effort before I suck it up and roast him, I wondered if anyone here would be interested in him.

A rare sunbreak in Seattle!

If you want to know more, PM me or email me: parkranger at gmail dot com

Can you tell me more details on him? I have SFH and have two roos but your is awfully darn cute!

Diane

Oh totalcolour, he is absolutely gorgeous! What did you name him? The Airedale in back is gorgeous too!

Since he's built like a tank, he's named after one, the Abrams or "Abe" for short. The Airedale is Scruffins. And she's going in for her 6 week frou-frou next Tuesday so won't look like she does right now.

Had a bit of a panic this morning with him. I had just brought them in, and was taking his leash off when he must have spotted something, got round me and shot out of the door (which I stupidly left open). I grabbed shoes, other dog, car keys and went after, but he was out of sight by then. After driving up and down the road a while, I decided to go home and contact the shelter.

There he was, sitting pretty on the front doorstep with a completely innocent look on his face and a big wagging tail that we came home! At least he knows where he lives, and he's only been here since Wednesday evening!

I made an unfortunate discovery today. The Frizzle hen I paid for and was not allowed to take home right away dropped dead today! The other hen bonded to my blue Silkie rooster so I wanted to make them a trio. This hen acted like she never saw the other hen before and they both completely ignore the rooster they had been with (he ignores them and favors the Silkie hens, which is fine with me because he is the reason I bought the trio) so I penned the trio together with four baby Call ducks (they were outside during the day and inside at night). I have had some pretty severe ulcer pain so my husband checked everything this morning, then when I went out later she was dead. She showed no sign of illness before she died so I have no idea what happened to her. One leg was forward and one leg back with her on her side. There is no way I am buying any more birds from this woman! The first hen I brought home is not laying but none of the Silkies are laying right now because they have been too broody and some just came off nests a couple weeks ago. I want to make some Sizzles because the woman I sold one to wants more (the one ended up being a boy so she wants me to raise them long enough to sex them) but I am not making any progress at this rate! I picked up a couple Frizzle cockerels to put with some of my hatchery Silkies so I can try that route too (according to what I read it is not good to breed Frizzle to Frizzle due to the risk of getting Frazzled offspring with brittle feathers).

Carolyn, this CL post is fabulous!
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/grd/3993874327.html

Could I get permission to use most of your wording in a similar post up on the Olypen? Kind of want to 'prime' the area for when I finally get my breeding house in order... :)

And hey, education is the best form of advertising... That's part of the reason I want to start breeding a solid line or 2 out this way. :) Makes me nutty the stuff I see.

hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom