Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Yorkville I'm not sure if it was you or not who talked about fabric awhile back. I can't find the info about the store in Portland I think it was. I'm trying to find the website.

Oh I might have a few BCM pullets for sale I'm going to look today .

Oh for those of you remember how bad my back was hurt a few years back, I had a LOT done and my L4 and L5 are in bad shape. I've been going to PT to get my body core built up but wow it's sure slow going. I'm going to make a appt with a surgeon and see what they say. Boy getting old isn't fun at all..

Yorkville I'm not sure if it was you or not who talked about fabric awhile back. I can't find the info about the store in Portland I think it was. I'm trying to find the website.

Oh for those of you remember how bad my back was hurt a few years back, I had a LOT done and my L4 and L5 are in bad shape. I've been going to PT to get my body core built up but wow it's sure slow going. I'm going to make a appt with a surgeon and see what they say. Boy getting old isn't fun at all..

That was me, and the site is http://www.fabricdepot.com/

That was me, and the site is http://www.fabricdepot.com/

Oh ok thank you for posting it again, I'm going to try and make one of my son's a Seahawks quilt. I'm going to do the head than add strips or something in the colors. I'm new to quilting and have only done one with a pattern the others I've done I've just got a idea and started. Have to say not the best thing to do lol. But I'm learning what not to do. I'm also going to try and make tablerunners for everyone for Christmas.

Hi, so sorry to hear about your back, I hope the surgeon has good news for you. By any chance does your PT involve any form of yoga, I understand it is very helpful in building core strength and keeping muscle "lengthened" as opposed to when then tighten up. Of course I'm talking about the gentle stretching type of yoga, not those others that are so fancy/aggressive/impossible.
sickbyc.gif

Your quilt sounds interesting, it's good you're going for your own design you have so much more freedom that way. If you have quilting questions I might be able to help. I belong to a quilt guild and have been sewing them for quite a while. Not an expert, but pretty good.

I have a question for you too --- I'd like to know more about your BCMs, the knit picky kind of stuff. It seems that different breeders produce lines with very different habits and personalities, so I'm starting to look more closely at the details now. I'm not a show person and I don't breed, so my interests are different than some. Hope you don't mind.
smile.png

1. How often do they tend to go broody?
2. How long do they stop laying when they molt?
3. How many eggs per week do they generally lay (when not broody or molting of course)
4. Are they likely to be really friendly as in letting little kids pick them up?

Thanks!

wee.gif
I am so excited that I get to go visit our little babies. I have had major separation issues with these two. Wish the family wasn't sick and could enjoy some cuddle time as well.

Hi, so sorry to hear about your back, I hope the surgeon has good news for you.  By any chance does your PT involve any form of yoga, I understand it is very helpful in building core strength and keeping muscle "lengthened" as opposed to when then tighten up.  Of course I'm talking about the gentle stretching type of yoga, not those others that are so fancy/aggressive/impossible.  :sick  

Your quilt sounds interesting, it's good you're going for your own design you have so much more freedom that way.  If you have quilting questions I might be able to help.  I belong to a quilt guild and have been sewing them for quite a while.  Not an expert, but pretty good. 

I have a question for you too  ---  I'd like to know more about your BCMs, the knit picky kind of stuff.  It seems that different breeders produce lines with very different habits and personalities, so I'm starting to look more closely at the details now.  I'm not a show person and I don't breed, so my interests are different than some.    Hope you don't mind.   :)
1.  How often do they tend to go broody?
2.  How long do they stop laying when they molt?
3.  How many eggs per week do they generally lay (when not broody or molting of course)
4.  Are they likely to be really friendly as in letting little kids pick them up? 

Thanks!

Ok I'll try, so my girls haven't gone into a strong molt, with that said I got 4 girls from a friend and they did molt around the neck and never stoped laying. But than in the spring they did stop for a short time. My one first group of girls a few did go bloody and are great mom's. For eggs I'd say they lay like average 5 eggs a week. I love my girls so I have a lot of them. Are they good around kids, I'd say if you handle them than yes, I can't handle them I'm allergic to them. They 're a really nice birds. I've never had a problem with the rooster ever going after us and I've had many of them. I will never be with out them.
I hope this has helped you.

I got two lovely pullets from Stumpfarmer yesterdauy - pretty splash Ameraucanas. I already had a splash Marans, so now I have three girls to make blue babies. I have blue layers, chocolate layers (when they are old enough) and bown and cream layers - no WHITES! What's up with that? I need a white egg layer!

*I have two goats that are looking for homes. One is pure Boer, the other BoerX (registrable). Both have freshened and are open for the season.

I got two lovely pullets from Stumpfarmer yesterdauy - pretty splash Ameraucanas. I already had a splash Marans, so now I have three girls to make blue babies. I have blue layers, chocolate layers (when they are old enough) and bown and cream layers - no WHITES! What's up with that? I need a white egg layer!

*I have two goats that are looking for homes. One is pure Boer, the other BoerX (registrable). Both have freshened and are open for the season.

Hallerlake has beautiful white egg layers
love.gif
Spitz and Brabanters. I love mine!!!

Just popping in to say I'm going to be at the PNPA show this coming weekend. If anyone sees me, come say hi! BTW, we'll be showing under Infinity Heart Farm/Locke. We'll be taking sumatras, bantam wyandottes, legbars, and marans

Back
Top Bottom