Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Quote:
I have so many birds that live in dog houses for a coop. I just put a roost in and the large birds were happy. The silkies prefer the low entrance and I have mama and the babies locked in one with a light until the temps return to normal.

When I buy a lot I go to Bothell feed. When I need something quick, I go to Portage Grange.
My favorite feed store is in Snohomish on Springetti Road, *Dayville Feed*. Springetti paralells highway 9 south? of Harvey Field-airport. another one closer is DeYoungs on the main street of Woodinville. If You have several items it would be cost effective to drive to one of the bigger feed stores, maybe sharing a feed day with neighbors???….My 2 near me -Lake Stevens, Marysville, have shaving bales for 10.00.

When I buy a lot I go to Bothell feed.  When I need something quick, I go to Portage Grange.   

My favorite feed store is in Snohomish on Springetti Road, *Dayville Feed*. Springetti paralells highway 9 south? of Harvey Field-airport. another one closer is DeYoungs on the main street of Woodinville. If You have several items it would be cost effective to drive to one of the bigger feed stores, maybe sharing a feed day with neighbors???….My 2 near me -Lake Stevens, Marysville, have shaving bales for 10.00.

Hi Eliz, I heard that DeYoungs closed recently. Since I very rarely get to Woodinvile, I don't know if that was right or wrong, but it might be good to call before making the drive.

Hey Eliz, nice to see you around lately. I keep wanting to go to a class but never seem to manage. Do you butcher at home now? I sure the most difficult for me would be the kill.

Are you going to the Monroe show?
HI Carolyn, I try to butcher as i can, but still is not the most comfortable thing to do…but if i am to continue to use chickens in meals, i need to know this too….
Hope to go to Monroe, have never been to the PNPA show so crossing my fingers for that too…..

Hi Eliz, I heard that DeYoungs closed recently. Since I very rarely get to Woodinvile, I don't know if that was right or wrong, but it might be good to call before making the drive.
Wow, hope not but would not be surprised….That area is growing so fast and the wonderful ag. land disappearing….Calling is good even to know if what your looking for is available.

Thought I'd mention that chick days at Reber Ranch, in Kent, starts Feb 21st.

Thanks for posting. Do you happen to know if their Ameraucanas are real or EEs?

Good question. I'd be surprised if they're true AMs, but if you find out please let us know. I really wish they would label EEs and AMs correctly, it creates so many misunderstandings!

Hi, noticed on Craig's list (Snohomish) that there is someone in Lynnwood selling a large number of different breeds and ages of chicks. Didn't say if they were from hatcheries or self raised. Even Swedish flower hens and Cream Legbar.

Also in Lake Stevens, an ad for many types and ages of ducks including Muscovey

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom