Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Hello friends! I am looking for fertile eggs for an FFA project and need them as soon as possible. I am in Western, WA (Snohomish County) I am willing to pay, but I am limited with how much I can spend. They are going to be incubated for the FFA Career Development event I am helping coordinate. I will take whatever eggs I can get--we don't need anything special!! My incubator is ready to go as I type this! :)
There is a gal in North Bend that sells hatching eggs for $6 a dozen. She has a good variety of breeds and a good fertility/hatch rate as well. If you want her contact info let me know. It might be a little far for you to go, but the price is right. :)

Hello friends! I am looking for fertile eggs for an FFA project and need them as soon as possible. I am in Western, WA (Snohomish County) I am willing to pay, but I am limited with how much I can spend. They are going to be incubated for the FFA Career Development event I am helping coordinate. I will take whatever eggs I can get--we don't need anything special!! My incubator is ready to go as I type this! :)

Quote:
Eliz.... can you maybe point her in the right direction?

I had something burrowing inside my duck pen and haven't been able to figure it out for 2 months. Finally flooded the burrow sufficiently and one of the dogs caught this big fat rat!

Good dogs. I hate rats. *knock on wood* I haven't had any here since January after having the stupid things for a year and a half. The cats were catching the small ones. Chickens were catching any small ones that they saw in the daytime. The german shepherd was actively digging them out and hunting them down. Once she got the big male rat in January, there haven't been any signs of them. The cats bring me some voles every now and then along with jumping mice and moles. They eat any shrews they catch usually.

There is a gal in North Bend that sells hatching eggs for $6 a dozen. She has a good variety of breeds and a good fertility/hatch rate as well. If you want her contact info let me know. It might be a little far for you to go, but the price is right. :)
That would be fantastic! If I can't find any closer that will have to do. I drive to Ellensburg every weekend so North Bend isn't too far for me. But in order for them to be usable by fair I need to have them in the incubator no later than Sunday. Wish I had more time to prepare--sheesh! :p

That would be fantastic! If I can't find any closer that will have to do. I drive to Ellensburg every weekend so North Bend isn't too far for me. But in order for them to be usable by fair I need to have them in the incubator no later than Sunday. Wish I had more time to prepare--sheesh! :p
She is right off I-90 in North Bend. I will PM you with her contact info.

I had something burrowing inside my duck pen and haven't been able to figure it out for 2 months. Finally flooded the burrow sufficiently and one of the dogs caught this big fat rat!

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
Watch that these things do not carry what is called "rat mites" which I am still not sure my chickens caught last fall, very very hard to get rid of !
Apparently rat mites can infect just about any critter.
Including you & yours, and dogs & cats.

Royce is in Granite Falls, as is a few others; Diane Pagel is in Carnation, WA4-HPoultryMom is in Monroe.
There is alot of us around Snohomish.
A good idea is to contact Washington Feather Fanciers and leave a e-mail asking your question, and they will get back to you.

On FB:
https://www.facebook.com/WashingtonFeatherFanciers

Here is another link cuz the main web site is frozen right now:

http://www.poultryshowcentral.com/Washington_Feather_Fanciers_Brisk.html

But you can contact Mike Dooms as shown.

Newcrop of Silver Cuckoo Marans Cockerels:

I am very very happy with their LONG back, great tail set, broad breasts....awesome manners.
These youngsters are 5 mo old and ready enough where they are really starting to bother Henry, their Father.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom