Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Mrs.Salo......I live on Tipsoo Loop N. We just painted both doors to our house & the garage red, so you can't miss us. I picked up 6 chicks at Del's in Yelm and they are thriving. I just moved them out of my office in the house out to the garage to live in their tractor (with the heat lamp). I got 2 Rhode Island Reds, a Black Austerlorp, a Golden Sexlink, a Plymouth Barred Rock and an Ameraucana. I got them on the 25 of last month so that makes them about 2 weeks old. When I went in I couldn't decide on just one breed so I got one of each breed, then doubled up on the RIR to make my 6. I was only suppose to get 4 (that's what we decided on at the beginning) but since they only sold them in a 6-pack, I ended up getting two more. So far, I love having them.

I just posted my lavender Orp cockerel for sale in case anyone is looking...
big_smile.png

I have Mr. Black mourning the loss of his beloved lady, Little Black, both black banty cochins. And so fluffy and cute. He is so lonely and sad. I promised him some time ago I would find him a new wife and put up notices, but nothing so far. Anyone have a nice little lady (or two or three plus) they can part with? I don't know if he is picky about color, I don't know if a different color would seem like his flock. Anybody know about that? She can be retired and not laying, not going for breeding, just want to have a happy little family. I live in Arlington but may be able to drive a ways for the right girl.
Thank you
I had a little black cochin banty cock bird way back, gosh he was adorable !
he was perfectly happy with large fowl women...all was A-OK with him !
Maybe try some big girls ?
Any other chickens would make him feel better....as long as they are not abusive towards him.
best of luck...I know of no one who has bantams except Ogress~~~~~~~~

And I am really starting to get upset at not being at the show. It IS a perfect time for plant and seed swaps! And I just spent $200 just to get SOME of the starter plants I want. I would LOVE to get together and share!
We wash birds day before, crates in the van, feed, water, crap I am taking my kids, and all is ready the night before, we go to sleep and awake at 4 am, open coops & feed & water dogs, cats, remaining birds (75 ?) and then haul buns.
HOPEFULLY we get there before 9AM to coop in.
It has been close sometimes !

Hi,

Are any of you going to be traveling to northern California?

I need transport for a Delaware cockerel from Sherwood, OR (near Portland or I-5) to northern CA. He will be clean and have a health certificate. I desperately need this male for my breeding program this year, so would like to find someone soon. Mailing him would make the price more than I can pay.
I have a yearling purebred St. Croix ewe that I'm willing to trade in exchange for the transport, if someone is interested.

Thank you,
Kim
Kim this may be something we can discuss in the next 2 weeks, but, it would be really early for the seller to be available in a rest stop along the highway as DH does not want to stop off road & drive around..blah blah.
He wants all to be there ready for pick up/drop off.
As for drop off, it would be Williams CA as the farthest point.
Let me know.

O SO TIRED and loving this weather !
So far
And oh so worried about a too-dry summer !

hide.gif

I will be infested with Peking Ducklings in the next 2 weeks.
Any takers, give me a hollar !

Thank you for the response. I called them and they said they didn't believe the eggs were fertile.
sad.png
but I'm going to get calling the feed stores in the area. If it has to wait until the Monroe this this Saturday, so be it, but I want to get eggs under her ASAP so I can see if she'll take to motherhood.
Have you tried Rainwolf ?
Or Hallerlake ?
PM these 2 people.
Rainwolf (Delana has a bunch of different breeds, last we talked she had Ameraucanas, and some nice Rocks, I think, and is close to the mall (Wallingford ?) and Hallerlake is Deirdre who has awesome Silver Spangled Spitzhaubens...gorgeous birds.

Thank you so much everyone. With your help I was able to locate eggs. Further, I've made a list of who to call in the future. Us western Washington people need a list of locals who have fertile eggs for sale, IMO. The two co-ops I called literally told me they couldn't help because it would be in direct conflict of their interest (selling their own baby chicks). Couldn't believe that attitude! I'm becoming quite disheartened by my local feed stores this spring.

@chickielady, I've added those to my list for next time.

Meanwhile violet is now sitting on 5 Swedish flowers and 2 silkies for her first venture into motherhood. I'm super nervous and excited! :)

Thanks again! And somewhere we need a list!!!!!! Local backyard coop people, for us small scale growers!

Back
Top Bottom