Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Are we allowed to post links to facebook groups here? I made one for Western wa (there was one already for Eastern WA but I couldn't find anything for Western Wa) While I love coming here, I also like having BYC on FB and thought it would be cool to have something local on there.

Anyways I don't want to post the link unless its ok, but if you look up puget sound backyard chickens I am sure you can find it :) Just an idea, please feel free to delete if its not ok. Just trying to stay connected :D

I am SOOOO excited! I just saw a WILCO ad and they call them Easter Eggers and state they are not a recognized breed!!

celebrate.gif

If you get a chance to tell them Thank You, please do!

Are we allowed to post links to facebook groups here? I made one for Western wa (there was one already for Eastern WA but I couldn't find anything for Western Wa) While I love coming here, I also like having BYC on FB and thought it would be cool to have something local on there.

Anyways I don't want to post the link unless its ok, but if you look up puget sound backyard chickens I am sure you can find it :) Just an idea, please feel free to delete if its not ok. Just trying to stay connected :D

There is already a group over there name Western Washington Poultry, check it out. A very friendly group.

Cool! I just joined :)
There is a group for Western WA called Western WA poultry on FB :)

Last edited:
When I say 'WE' I am speaking of we WFF's and no one else.
I do not belong to any other poultry club locally, so I do not have any info on them.
What you need to do, however, is tell the person who asked me, not me myself.
wink.png

**Edited to add: That was "overeggstended" that was asking...I think that was their name.
Help them if you can.

Egg entries:

It is extremely noisy to the point that you need to set you cell on vibrate & HOPE you feel it.
It is NOISY.
And please tour each row, as each row is another breed/variety.
Sales areas are posted (usually) and the pics I have posted above are of 2 different poultry shows, so take them as such.

I'm so jealous! I wish I could go to a chicken or rabbit show this year! But that's just not in the cards this year. Will have to plan for next year. I hate my job... more on that in a minute.

Peppermint is by the back door and I really need to dig out some over there anyway. I've got a garden knife I can just carve them out with since it doesn't root that deep.

YOU LOVE BUG,VBG, Sometimes its just soooooo good to see everyone.
wee.gif

I will go thru the bucket later and see what still looks good….know that i will have 3 good small clumps and a handful of starts…..maybe more….Also have peppermint and a little variegated spearmint...
If anyone would like to sell/give any spearmint or peppermint away, I would enjoy it. We are trying to revive what I was told was "chocolate mint" from my back yard... we'll see.

AWAY FROM YOUR CHICKENS!!!!!!!!!!!
I think a small rabbit hutch works best for quail (a tall one AWAY from the chickens)
I would get 4-5 coturnix....(and a roo?)
rule is 1sq foot each
JUMBO quail get 'big'
How difficult is quail? Once I get caught up around here I'd really like to get started on my mini farm but gah i need to buy my own place.

YAY! Finally caught up! Things have been... ok... here. I finally was able to get my car and van fixed for the most part just for the wheel bearings on the van to start going out. It'll have to wait. Then last week we moved my dad's impala (my dad passed away in 2009, it's all I have left). That was supposed to be quick and easy, turned into a tow truck kinda day. It's still sitting where we dropped it even though it needs to move back 100 feet into the back yard. Work is pissing me off, stressing me out, and making me cry. I've been needed to look for another job but there are other things I have to consider like day care for my son.... Anyway.

On more positive notes, my landlord sounds like she's willing to work with me about the house for the next few years which means I don't have to worry about moving for a little bit although at the same time I really want to get chickens.... I was given two really OLD rabbit cages or one really old rabbit cage and one really old chicken cage. I think they would be great for a rabbit sitting on the ground to munch on grass but not something full time... I also found my old huge chicken waterer and my chick feeder and waterer from the last time I had chickens.
hit.gif
It's just not fair! My fiance saw a call duck... now he wants a call duck. I guess that's being supportive of my "life change"
lau.gif

I'm hoping that sometime soon I can get a different job that will free up some time to do things like go to chicken and rabbit shows. But I also go to reptile expos and actually will HAVE to go because I actually sell meal worms to the reptile world for their animals. I also sell them to chicken owners too if anyone is interested. I actually was thinking about the conflicting schedules between the expos and the shows. I want my son to be involved with the 4H when he's older but I guess I have time to figure that out.

I REALLY wanted to go to the show in Monroe just to look and see the eggs, breeds but remembered I have a dentist appt.
barnie.gif
Darn those reminder calls.....
Should I reschedule? lol

Back
Top Bottom