Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Sorry I did say Layer Crumbles...what I use is plain 17% feed crumbles, and then add Amprolium to their water unless I am using medicated chick starter.
ALSO EDITED TO ADD: I say what I say from years , decades of experience. Instead of sponsor bashing, I say what I say here, in open forum.
I also say what I say cuz I am old, crotchety, cantakerous, bossy, opinionated, and did I say OLD ???
gig.gif
You, NO WAY, VBG, Your Perfect !
yuckyuck.gif

So we successfully undid some of our chicken math over the past few days. It sucks being in the city and only being allowed 6 chickens (I'm still keeping 8 dang it
tongue.gif
). All the gold laced Wyandottes, the two extra Buff Orpingtons and the two Golden Sexlinks found new homes to go to. Now just waiting for these younger chicks to get bigger so I can keep my two RIR pullets and sell the other two RIR and the two Black Austrolorps. Control so SO HARD! I don't know what's going to happen when we buy a place in the country and yeah...
yippiechickie.gif

So yesterday I got to spend some time with some new friends. I must say I'm really happy about this life choice I made to switch to the farming lifestyle. I've lost a couple friends because I'm so focused on it, but I'm happier and I'm making newer friends which ironically have been better friends then the ones I had. Weird. Anyway, I was curious about something. The chickens I have now I'm not really thinking about showing, but in the future I plan to show. Has anyone on here ever noticed conflicting days between rabbit and chicken shows?

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, how old are the black Australorps? I was hoping to get one at the feed store but neither of them had any. I'm just not sure that my flock would welcome a new one. I was originally going to wait and get started pullets but I/we decided to have the fun of raising them from chicks. (The added work too I suppose). We haven't finished our coop yet but we decided that since we'll eventually be adding onto the flock we'd put in enough nesting boxes in the initial build for more hens or pullets. We're crossing our fingers that none of 'em are cockerels.

So we successfully undid some of our chicken math over the past few days. It sucks being in the city and only being allowed 6 chickens (I'm still keeping 8 dang it
tongue.gif
). All the gold laced Wyandottes, the two extra Buff Orpingtons and the two Golden Sexlinks found new homes to go to. Now just waiting for these younger chicks to get bigger so I can keep my two RIR pullets and sell the other two RIR and the two Black Austrolorps. Control so SO HARD! I don't know what's going to happen when we buy a place in the country and yeah...
yippiechickie.gif

So yesterday I got to spend some time with some new friends. I must say I'm really happy about this life choice I made to switch to the farming lifestyle. I've lost a couple friends because I'm so focused on it, but I'm happier and I'm making newer friends which ironically have been better friends then the ones I had. Weird. Anyway, I was curious about something. The chickens I have now I'm not really thinking about showing, but in the future I plan to show. Has anyone on here ever noticed conflicting days between rabbit and chicken shows?
It would be cool if I made new friends through chickens... I seem to have lost the ability to make friends... -cuddles her chicken while crying-

A couple houses down have chickens, but we haven't made friends with them, but lots of people in the neighborhood tell us that they want to get chickens too and they are happy when they see ours ;)

It would be cool if I made new friends through chickens... I seem to have lost the ability to make friends... -cuddles her chicken while crying-

A couple houses down have chickens, but we haven't made friends with them, but lots of people in the neighborhood tell us that they want to get chickens too and they are happy when they see ours ;)

I understand. I for the most part have forgotten how to make friends. The new friends I'm making with the rabbits is more because I contact them for business and we end up talking for hours. Sometimes you gotta just throw yourself out there.

Back
Top Bottom