Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Who here is from Wenatchee area??!

Hi! Welcome to the group.
frow.gif

I don't know of anyone specifically from Wenatchee, but Okanogan County. But don't let that stop you from jumping right in! We all love chickens!

Geez... I am jealous. I don't have much time to spend on the computer anymore. Too busy with my husband and his poor health, and my chores and other odd jobs. I still need to get plans drawn up for a bigger chicken house after the windstorm that took down a tree that crunched my old one.

a big welcome to all the new posting people. I look forward to hearing about your chickens and other birds.

I have eleven 6 week old chicks. Four are Partridge Penedesencas and 7 are Cream Legbars. Very exciting as I have been planning this for about a year and a half. I'm not sure of the hen to cockerel ratio on the Legbars but the Penes are 2 & 2. I so needed another Pene roo and now I have a total of three of them.

I think I will build a couple of portable coops for raising the chicks in... they need to be moved out of my brooder pen one day quite soon.

I started this post before noon, and I am just getting back to finish it. (It's 11 PM.) I had to go to Costco in Silverdale for prescriptions. Took some time and shopped for shrubs but did not find any that struck my fancy at this time. I already have one gold & green fitzer (sp?) that is huge and needs pruning back so the hens don't think it is the best place in the yard to lay their eggs.

Lynn has W & BW Ams, and you would have to ask her if she has any available @Cowgirlgrace
If Lynn doesn't maybe Karen Carpenter in Burlington will, She has BBS Am….. I brought home a beautiful splash cockerel and blue pullet from her a few months ago…(She is NPIP too and has many other birds and especially silkies). Sillie70 on BYC,,,,,,,,I may have some later on. they are just laying now but i am not NPIP.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom