Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

There shouldn't be any problems borrowing an incubator. Clean it out really well and wipe all the surfaces with a 10% bleach solution and let them air dry.

My recommendation is to do a test hatch on cheap eggs before you spend a lot of money on more expensive breeds. Regulating some incubators can be a bit tricky. Be sure to monitor the humidity and temperature several times a day since some models fluctuate when you first get them set up (or change anything like throwing out the clears after you candle).

I was looking at the Brinsea incubators but I think I have settled on the Hovabator 1588 with egg turner. I want it to be as "plug and play" as possible!
That's what I used. I ran it for a couple days before putting eggs in to get it all figured out. Run it with no water in at first to see your base humidity and be sure to have extra thermometers and an extra hygromter. (all calibrated of course)
Yes definitely several test hatches! My dream hatch is a dozen Ayam Cemani eggs which I've found to be $300! I want to have it down before I go for that expensive hatch!
Those guys sure are neat looking, but with them being so expensive I don't know what their point is? If I paid $300 for bird I don't think I could bring myself to eat their eggs or them for that matter....

I know! I really want to try an all black bird though! But I just like the thought of raising something really rare and different. And this is probably a no-no in the breeding world but I would also like to sell some to the average chicken people at prices they can actually afford. I hate the fact that chickens can be sold for so much money!

I know!  I really want to try an all black bird though!  But I just like the thought of raising something really rare and different.  And this is probably a no-no in the breeding world but I would also like to sell some to the average chicken people at prices they can actually afford.  I hate the fact that chickens can be sold for so much money!

That. Would be awesome, I saw an eBay sale that included hatching services and guaranteed 6 chicks. I bet they would all be boys or something....

I'm using the BYC App verses online with my phone. Just seeing if pictures upload better/faster.

Back
Top Bottom