Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Thanks Bridebeliever and CarolynF for your specific suggestions. I'm particularly interested in the rubber/plastic barriers you mentioned. Was this like flashing or lawn edging or something else I could get at a home improvement store?

Believe it or not I already brought home some pallets but was concerned about what might happen in the void between the wood layers, or feet getting caught.

Could also put down thick plastic sheeting like vapor barrier over dirt, then sand on top. Might try this tomorrow before rain comes back.

The rubber/plastic barrier is lawn edging, I think we bought it at Lowes. It's about 4" tall. I think it's this:
http://www.lowes.com/pd_514739-50741-CPLBHPRO40___?productId=50092426&pl=1&Ntt=lawn+edging

Does anyone want my Langshan mutt cockerel? He is very quiet (I've had him for months and he just started making a tiny bit of noise at about 7:15 to get the girls out of the coop, then quiets down.), is friendly, but still has a healthy fear of humans. He is really very striking, but I live in the suburbs and any unnecessary noise is a no-no. We aren't allowed to have roosters in my town.

Hey guys and gals, don't post here much anymore but am wondering if there is anyone that would be interested in working on a Buff Leghorn or Bantam Langshan project. The Buff Leghorns are three years in and despite large improvements are probably still a year or two away from champion row. The Bantam Langshans are ahead of that, already landing on champion row once this show season. The breeder is having to move on from them for personal reasons so I'm trying to help them find people that might be interested in seriously continuing the projects.
Apparently Monte Bowen has been working on this Buff project for a while, and doing an excellent job as he always does.
Bantam Langshans he is also doing along with Michelle Klales, and someone else in PA...not sure at the moment.
Anyways, alot of ppl already deep at work on both the projects you mentioned.

For @justdishy and anyone else wanting more insight on drainage and how sand and gravel hold water there's a BYC post here (post #10) that has some very specific information from a hydrogeologic perspective.

justdishy I get sand from Lone Rock near Kingston. I like the one they call C33, and we ended up driving out to the pit to get it because when they bring it into the lot it gets mixed with finer sand for mixing concrete and we never got there at the right time.

Well, recall how I was not going to set eggs this time of year ?
And also how I did set eggs after all ?
Well, pip is Sunday for the first set, and I believe the 2nd set pip is Thursday....here come the peepers !

jumpy.gif

Oh forgive me, I could not help myself but share this with you guys !!

lau.gif

%7B3a88d21a-1b1e-4b9b-bc8b-7d9674713919%7D_open-quotes-green.gif
A Mexican magician had a disappearing act where he would vanish in a cloud of smoke on the count of three. His assistant started counting off, "Uno, dos" and POOF! The magician disappeared without a tres.
%7Bb5b1b472-a690-4fab-aab8-a1337adff190%7D_close-quote-green.gif

Well, recall how I was not going to set eggs this time of year ?
And also how I did set eggs after all ?
Well, pip is Sunday for the first set, and I believe the 2nd set pip is Thursday....here come the peepers !

:jumpy

Lol and I was going to tell you you were so right about not setting eggs this time of year. What with all the crazy weather we've had, incubating and trying to put them outside has been/is a challenge.

Back
Top Bottom