Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

The windstorm that came through Sunday night, I guess, really packed a powerful punch......blew my little portable chicken house right over on its side spilling the feed & water all over the place. My husband was able to right it and get the chickens all settles but they sure told him all about it.
D.gif

I don't know what the second one is. At first glance it looks like a Rooster, but I don't think it is, the hackle feathers are rounded.

I know it's puzzling me - I can't decide tell how mature it is, if it's a roo or hen, is it young and small or just a bantam. Of course, I've only seen it in the dark - so hopefully things will become clearer one of these days :) They said it was a hen, but I have no idea if that determination was made by someone with poultry knowledge or someone just guessed lol!

Well, I'm running my bator again for the NYD HAL. A little bummed that out of my stock of 60 eggs I only had 16 for hatching. Many were very porous, I was hoping to fill my bator. I will add new eggs collected between now and tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom