Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Quote:
Here's a good website (link) to check show dates. The Monroe Show is scheduled for March 19, and @Chickielady they showed the Fall show as two days and this one as only one so perhaps this one really will be just one. The PNPA show is scheduled for April 16 at the Clark County Fairgrounds which is just a tad North of Vancouver, Wa right alongside I-5.

For anyone that hasn't been to a poultry show yet, they are really fun. Hundreds of fowl, not just chickens. It's a great chance to talk to breeders and fanciers and see what all these breeds are really supposed to look like, compared to hatchery birds. Usually there's a kids show at the same time, 4H I think. There's also a "Sales Area" where members of the club (Washington Feather Fanciers or PNPA) are allowed to bring birds to sell. Another good opportunity if you're interested. The event is free. Dress VERY warmly, that barn is incredibly cold. And remember too that absolutely no dogs are allowed, for obvious reasons. :)

I was out kind of early this morning, just before sunrise. Luckily it wasn't raining and I could take my time walking to and from the coop. I was reminded how beautiful it can be outdoors in the still, quiet moments even when the sky is fully of big heavy gray clouds. The light still gives a golden glow to everything around and the air is fresh and sweet. I love mornings like this and I am so grateful to live in a place where I can enjoy the outdoors and smell the sweetness of the trees before the beginning of a busy day.

To day

is a very sunny nice day, just hoping for the snow to melt again so we can see the grass. My ducks are still in lock down, Too much snow on the ground and they are happier in their large pen. We feel so fortune`t to live in the State of Washington, out in the country where we can have live stock. That has always been our life long goal.

I was out kind of early this morning, just before sunrise. Luckily it wasn't raining and I could take my time walking to and from the coop. I was reminded how beautiful it can be outdoors in the still, quiet moments even when the sky is fully of big heavy gray clouds. The light still gives a golden glow to everything around and the air is fresh and sweet. I love mornings like this and I am so grateful to live in a place where I can enjoy the outdoors and smell the sweetness of the trees before the beginning of a busy day.
Thanks for the lovely reflection….as i read Your post the news mentioned we are in a period that happens about every 10 years where 5 planets are able to be seen lined up together in the ski just before dawn.

Hi all, It's been quite a few years since I've been on this thread but I had great fun with great folks back then. Nice to see it still kickin' :)

I am on the look out for a quality Wheaten Marans cockerel or rooster from a dark egg. I have some really nice hens waiting for a man. He doesn't have to be perfect but prefer he didn't have any disqualifying faults. I don't show but try to breed to the standard as much as possible. My focus is egg color. If you have any extras or know someone who might, please let me know. Thanks!

yes there has been 2 one the first day then one yesterday or the day before
Well that's great; they must be happy and getting settled.
1f60a.png

Back
Top Bottom