Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

@ cgilbert

Thank you both.. I would rather we not have to drive
across the mountains for them..
so more like next month? These would be meat birds.

Quote:
I believe you have to a member to sell them in the sale area but a lot of people arrange to meet and sell/trade since people come from all over. It is a convenient event for those of us who do not have any local auctions or swap meets. I will only bring my cockerel if someone wants him since I am not a member.

Last edited:
Also - I have a stubbornly broody silkie - anyone bringing a few eggs to sell? Any type (chicken, duck, guinea, ( can a silkie hatch turkey or goose??) is okay with me since I will most likely sell/trade whatever she hatches after they are few weeks old.

Edit to add: I found eggs:)

Last edited:
Anyone happens to know how many chicken is allow in Battle Ground WA?

We have 7000 sqt lot (not planning to have more than 10). May want to have a rooster for fertile eggs.

According to the below information, there is no limit and roosters are allow in Battle Ground WA?

All I found was:
https://www.clark.wa.gov/community-development/urban-livestock-and-chickens
Urban livestock and chickens

As the popularity of raising chickens and other livestock such as horses, cows, goats, pigs and llamas increases in urban growth areas, preserving the livability of surrounding properties can be a concern.
Chickens
Chickens and roosters are allowed in unincorporated Clark County. Chickens, but not roosters, are allowed in the city of Vancouver.

We have 7000 sqt lot (not planning to have more than 10). May want to have a rooster for fertile eggs.

According to the below information, there is no limit and roosters are allow in Battle Ground WA?

All I found was:

As the popularity of raising chickens and other livestock such as horses, cows, goats, pigs and llamas increases in urban growth areas, preserving the livability of surrounding properties can be a concern.
Chickens
Chickens and roosters are allowed in unincorporated Clark County. Chickens, but not roosters, are allowed in the city of Vancouver.
I live in Vancouver, Wa., city limits. So no rooster for us, but hens are OK.
I've never found a limit on the # of hens in the city limits or in unincorporated area, except to avoid smell, flies, etc.

All I found was:

Chickens

Battle Ground does not have any ordinances about chickens currently. If you live in a neighborhood that has some sort of CCA or something that would be the legal hurdle. There was a small group that was going to try and change that due to some irresponsible poultry keepers in town though.

Silkies with the barring gene tend to have mottled skin and red combs. It's the bane of those trying to create cuckoo silkies. I had a splash hen that took me forever to figure out what the problem was with her mottled skin. The I hatched eggs from her and a blue rooster and it became obvious when she had blue cuckoo sons and splash ones with the same skin problem. I lost her to a hawk not long after.

And I'm wrong on the pairing results for the silkie rooster to EE hens. I looked up the pictures. The GIRLS had the black skin, the boys had the lighter skin that was more grey. Black skin is a sex linked trait. Since females only get one copy of it anyway anyway on the Z and they get that from their father. The sons get a Z gene from each parent.

Hmm now my brain is in gear some. So I guess that makes black skin incomplete dominant? The chicks are easily sexable by skin color though
So will they have hard or soft feathering...or patches of both ?

Back
Top Bottom