Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Anyone between or near Battle Ground down WA to Portland OR needing "spent grain". I'm planning to pick up 50lbs per week. This is more then our little flock can use... I will be more than happy to share for free. Message me if you are interested.

Penny - this forum help keeps me awake while working :0)

Hi BGMatt, glad to meet another B.G. resident here.

We really like to keep our rooster so I tried to contact the city of Battle Ground for more information and received the below email.  We are not in an HOA, still we will try to see if the No Crow Velcro will help reduce our rooster noise level once he start crowing. 

That is an interesting fun fact about the word "Rooster". 

Thank you everyone for your input about chicken roost.  Some of our hens just doesn't seem to roost.

Email from Code Compliance Officer with the City of Battle Ground:

Battle Ground Municipal Code title 6 deals with Animals. Currently, Chickens are allowed within the city limits of Battle Ground. The code does not state a limit for the number of Chickens you can have but I would recommend that if you have a small lot you have fewer chickens than on a larger lot. BGMC 6.10.185 states that Roosters are not allowed within city limits of Battle Ground.

Brent Gullickson
Code Compliance Officer
Direct:  360-342-5048

_____

Huh, must be new when I taught a class for the county about four years ago it was not on the books then, there's a couple people that have lots in the city limits, including right in the middle of old town...I'm actually right outside the rapidly expanding city limits thankfully.

Thanks for the new info!

Last edited:
Gosh -- fertile eggs are so costly! That is the main reason why we like to keep our rooster... coming close to first reason is because our daughters named and played with all our chickens everyday.... :( would hate to have to let him go.

Does anybody have recommendations on some good brands of all flock or flock raiser? I think I'll go with giving all my birds that and supplementing with Oystershell.
I use scratch and pack and H and H but I don't know if either one of them actually has a blend for all chickens.

Gosh -- fertile eggs are so costly!  That is the main reason why we like to keep our rooster...  coming close to first reason is because our daughters named and played with all our chickens everyday.... :( would hate to have to let him go.

They are I suppose. We can't have a roosters, the neighbors would go nuts. Our flock really belong to my son. He has some special needs, and the flock has been wonderful in terms of teaching him responsibility. Our Brahma is simply the kindest girl. She used to sit on his shoulder. Now that she's broody he's the only one she will let near her! So for this round, we have a friend who has a son with special needs too, we thought we'd give them the babies after she's raised them a bit. It's a win win and it gives us normal girl back after she's done:)

Hello. My name is Pat and I live near Centralia Washington. Right now we have mixed breed chickens along with some Rhode Island Reds. We've had chickens for many years but just lately I've gotten interested in hatching. I'm setting my second hatch tomorrow and the picture is of our first hatch.

Cool new F-2 coloration Silver Bielefelders

normal color above right, lower left is my new silver color

I really like the silver penciled neck pattern so far...two are seen below & far left corner:

Little face reminds me of an owl, the right most one has her neck stretched out running...

One of my projects so far this summer

Beautiful birds. What is their laying patterns?

Hello. My name is Pat and I live near Centralia Washington. Right now we have mixed breed chickens along with some Rhode Island Reds. We've had chickens for many years but just lately I've gotten interested in hatching. I'm setting my second hatch tomorrow and the picture is of our first hatch.
Hi I am your close neighbor in Mossyrock nice of you to join us
We do have allot of new of new people some have had them along time
or those of that grew up with them... Welcome
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom