Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Well, that's it for now kiddos.....
I am collecting Exchequer Leghorn eggs to stick under a Silver Cuckoo Marans hen who is trying hard to be broody......

I have one cockerel who got hit with a little frostbite & he is having a hard time now...so I'll have to cull him...
Everything else is great !
I am ding another water color and 'playing' around with other hobbies...
And will start selling hatching eggs again soon....we have TONS of eggs right now and no one wants to stop and get out of their car to buy any in this weather....except our diehardest customers.

That and I am trying to loose weight cuz I am fat as a pig...about 60 pounds over weight !!!!!!!!!!

Exercising after you blow out a knee 3 times is hard to do....
sad.png
.....so I am doing Atkins and stepping up the weight lifting I have not done any in weeks (I AM BAD!!!!

Hi Everyone! Haven't been on in a while, busy with the remodel which is finally in the final stretches (maybe move into the main house sometime in March).

Penny, sorry to hear about your mom's decline. I pray that she has a peaceful passing when the time comes and is surrounded by love.

Just sold off my remaining cockerels from last spring hatch to a Chinese couple from Seattle that will be stewing them for their Chinese NY celebration next week. If anyone has some they need to let go please pm me and I will put you in touch with them as they need a few more. I did emphasize and verify that these are not to be used for fighting and they do not do that. They have other family members that will be participating which is why they need more. I had another younger one, broody raised in late summer who I considered keeping as he was sweet as cockerels go - I was able to sell him to a local guy for his hens. I am selling eggs too to my local customers so that is helping with my feed bill - which was rather large with all the boys and feeding organic :0 All in all, a good start to the year.

Oh, and hubby gave me the go ahead to hatch away this spring if I want to. I am left with the nice BC Marans cockerel with very nice coloring and conformation and at least one hen that is laying dark eggs. I lost the other one to probably a coyote about a month ago. They always get the best ones. Not letting them out much at the moment because of it.

Have a nice weekend!

Back
Top Bottom