Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Hi everybody, This question is mainly for those in Whatcom County but anyone that has experience with it I would love to hear from you. Here's our situation. We just recently moved to just under 5 acres. Succefully moved our 12 chickens and added 20 more layer chicks! What we want to do is add blueberries to the property and sell our eggs as well. (We're in a really good location for this.) So the big hurdle is getting our property switched over to a farm/ag land classification. This of course would help us with our property tax. I know you have to earn a minimum of $1500 for at least 3 of the 5 years. What I don't know is how hard it isn't to get your property switched over to this?
Does anyone here have this experience?
Thanks in advance!

Oh and you can put up signs at the end of your drive advertising what you have for sale. Off farm egg sales are perfectly fine without getting an egg sellers license. Just make sure you don't go over the number of poultry per acre allowed.

Sorry, I guess I was clear as mud! We aren't changing zoning at all. Just tax status. Two different things. Yes, urban "sprawl" is a HUGE...HUGE thing in Whatcom County! I hate how they are trying to control where and how people live!

Last edited:
Really Bee how fun I was giving @Chickielady a bad time but count him with I guess
why not and you could then come along..
but with all that my second October hatch pullet gave me a egg today
her hatch mate did about 3 weeks ago

Last edited:

Really Bee how fun I was giving @Chickielady a bad time but count him with I guess why not and you could then come along.. but with all that my second October hatch pullet gave me a egg today her hatch mate did about 3 weeks ago
count me in! Do the eggs start that tiny?

Back
Top Bottom