Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I'm thinking this complete lack of sunshine here on the coast must be kinda like a nuclear winter ? Or what happens when a volcano erupts and BLOCKS OUT ALL THE SUN........only we have water raining down, not mud or ash.....

sad.png

So I got my tomato bed ready, added about 12" of new compost, planted the tomatoes DEEP and we rolled the green house plastic over the hoops and screwed them down on all sides like we have for 5 years now.....

hopefully the compost generates enough heat and nitrogen to really make the maters HAPPY !!!!!!!!!!

wee.gif

It usually does !

So I got my tomato bed ready, added about 12" of new compost, planted the tomatoes DEEP and we rolled the green house plastic over the hoops and screwed them down on all sides like we have for 5 years now.....

hopefully the compost generates enough heat and nitrogen to really make the maters HAPPY !!!!!!!!!!

wee.gif

It usually does !
Got my tomatoes in yesterday. Big trash can filled with 2 month old coop bedding and rabbit droppings. I'm already harvesting bok choy, broccoli raab, and lettuce thanks to the schizophrenic spring weather.

Not unlike mine but my yogurt is tillamook although most times my
oatmeal has raspberry, blackberry or strawberry jam added instead of sugar
I like Choboni Greek (plain, good for dressings, sauces, cheese cake, etc) and , Tillamook Vanilla and the Choboni Greek assortment box we get at Costco...(strawberry, blueberry, peach and cherry)..........yummy.
And most Jam is sugar, unless you buy or make your own sugar free...and most Jam with sugar has astronomical amounts of sugar.
I have been making sugar free & low sugar (splenda) jams for my Dad...and the require a low sugar/no sugar pectin...but they come out OK...kinda weird, not as smooth, but better than nothing I guess.

Got my tomatoes in yesterday. Big trash can filled with 2 month old coop bedding and rabbit droppings. I'm already harvesting bok choy, broccoli raab, and lettuce thanks to the schizophrenic spring weather.
I planted Russian Kale 2 years ago...it is very pretty actually, and could go in a flower bed !
It has wintered over twice now, and had little trouble with our 17 degree temps last winter !
It is about 4 foot tall now, a turquiset leaf color with ruby edging...and it is trying to flower again.
It just keeps on going !
Great to pick & derib for soups, stews, or even chips.

Chickens love it, if they could only get at it !

Back
Top Bottom