Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I’m getting concerned about ameraucana egg size now that you have said that mine are about 9 months old still small eggs how old are yours?

about the same age these girls are not very large either
they are not much larger than my silky when I stop and
compare but the cockerel are normal size

Last edited:
see my cockerel are normal size but the girls are small not sure of miss broody they fluff so big when broody covering making the little growl noise but when I carried he she was not so big just kept looking at me like "what the He'' is wrong with you"?

I have scars from large fowl hens taking bites out of me when broody. That is why I have Kevlar sleeves to wear now when dealing with them. I believe Miss Nasty in the nest box right now is the one who gave me the worst one.

Only scar from a silkie broody was my fault. I stuck my bare foot into the coop to feel around for birds instead of stooping down and reaching in. She got the top of my middle toe.

ouch!! each time I have lifted her I do it from the top.. went up to silky land to turn off their light she had not left the box although she has a water bucket and food hard to tell if she took any and they are the same food and water coop to coop

I have scars from large fowl hens taking bites out of me when broody. That is why I have Kevlar sleeves to wear now when dealing with them. I believe Miss Nasty in the nest box right now is the one who gave me the worst one.

Only scar from a silkie broody was my fault. I stuck my bare foot into the coop to feel around for birds instead of stooping down and reaching in. She got the top of my middle toe.
I love my broody Australorps. They are so gentle, even when broody. They've never even tried to peck me when it's time to candle. But they have no problem with tackling a black bear or other chickens that get too close to the chicks.

Back
Top Bottom