Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

We had a few when I was young nut they were not mean I woul get asked to go check look under after such a day but never got nailed by any hen

One of my sweetest broodies was an ameraucana as well. She was also the hen who would fly up on me if I sat down outside. She liked to snuggle in and have me rub under her wings and her earlobes. She'd bring her chicks over to see me.

Silkies have been selected FOR their broody abilities over the years, whereas most other breeds have been selected against it.

Cochins are a rather broody breed as well. I've thought about getting a couple good large fowl ones just because of the number of chicks they can fit under those huge fluffy skirts.

Birds of any breed from a good breeder are more likely to still go broody at least once a year. Even if their hatchery counterparts arent.

Oh yes mine are always in a hog a pile even if on a roost now their teaching the two
they raising will be funny when they they go to the main coop they all jam on one table anyway

did pickup most BF's meds ran by the auction first they were running late picked up refurbished kitchen aid at local kitchen store 199.97 back to the auction tree down had to sit a bit cleared most of it got 32.30 from the three girls so 25.00 from the cockerel yesterday pays for food all around came home by way of 508 back way

Back
Top Bottom