Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I couldn't find this for 3 days how frustrating. Now seems a link showed up posts that I'm in. Still doing 25° here. My rooster acts like a cat I thinking bc he not stupid and communicates his own way. Dealing with frostbite. I yelled at him for spilling water bc my nerves are shot. Poor guy gobbled a lil and moved over a step. Said I was sorry and it is my fault. He is in my care and he is doing better than I ever would. I'm just so mad at myself he has frostbite and I wish I had the cure. I'm broke no money and caring for this flock and its very frustrating the roof leaks and the floor is frozen and I am not allowed to put straw down to help them. Says I wont be able to get it off the floor. I don't care about that. I care about the chickens and what can I do today. I'm ready to walk away bc I'm tired of being poor and unable to do anything right. View attachment 2005502

little vaseline will help some ... there is burn salve out burnjel plus I do not advocate pain killer but this can be used sparingly

little vaseline will help some ... there is burn salve out burnjel plus I do not advocate pain killer but this can be used sparingly
I stay away from Vaseline bc its water based. This berts bees is wax and very oily thick. I just can tell its painful. Went to town and am refreshed, so back to doing what I can and being grateful for what I have. Old man winter I raise a fist at u and shake it. Thankx penny

We are back to wet here .. The burnjel is lidocaine, tree tea oil purified water and vitamin E..
knock on wood have not had any frostbite yet ... yet is the operative word...
Crud just got back from town. As long as chickens don't have no wierd to it. I know cats can't have any pain things bc they react. (Recient cat hit by car came here to die, and I wanted to lessen its suffering). My landlord has left me to figure a lot of things out on my own and its frustrated me a lot bc I barely know what I'm into. I mean I will try to be a good farmhand but what to expect etc is rough when 48 hens and 80% are at least 5 yo. 4 dies bc old age so far but I didn't know then and whent crazy like is there a disease in my flock. Well at least I have here, but forums hard for me to type and read. I mean 80° killed my hatchlings at 2 days old. Also I opened the eggs to see why they not hatch after 5 weeks, and what I could find. Ive had a few in hatcher be suffocated by the goop from inside the egg. I get real nervous and check them so often when I can if they may need help. I had 100% start now it's rough bc I care and dont know to stop the coop from covering the opening. Here is one i opened right when I came bc who knew how long besides within my 2hr checks. It was just a crack 2hr b4 I came back. Had a bubble like cover on beak from that goop. Humidity is 45%
20200117_082226.jpg

I couldn't find this for 3 days how frustrating. Now seems a link showed up posts that I'm in. Still doing 25° here. My rooster acts like a cat I thinking bc he not stupid and communicates his own way. Dealing with frostbite. I yelled at him for spilling water bc my nerves are shot. Poor guy gobbled a lil and moved over a step. Said I was sorry and it is my fault. He is in my care and he is doing better than I ever would. I'm just so mad at myself he has frostbite and I wish I had the cure. I'm broke no money and caring for this flock and its very frustrating the roof leaks and the floor is frozen and I am not allowed to put straw down to help them. Says I wont be able to get it off the floor. I don't care about that. I care about the chickens and what can I do today. I'm ready to walk away bc I'm tired of being poor and unable to do anything right. View attachment 2005502
:hugs Some days are like that. Wish I could reach through the computer and help.

Hello!
Didn't realize this thread was here, so I'm just dropping in :)
Also was hoping if anyone knew of any Blue Partridge Brahma breeders around the state? (Western preferably).
I think I'm a bit chicken obsessed :lol: would love to start breeding them and using them for a little side project as well.
Currently just have a bunch of assorted breeds and tons of Easter Eggers.

Hello!
Didn't realize this thread was here, so I'm just dropping in :)
Also was hoping if anyone knew of any Blue Partridge Brahma breeders around the state? (Western preferably).
I think I'm a bit chicken obsessed :lol: would love to start breeding them and using them for a little side project as well.
Currently just have a bunch of assorted breeds and tons of Easter Eggers.
I've been in and out and missing stuff all day! So, I want to make sure I welcome you to the thread. Hopefully I didn't do it already. :lau

I don't know of any breeders in my area. Hope you can find what you are looking for!

Back
Top Bottom