Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

So much rain in forecast today - says up to an inch. 😬 I have chicks sitting outside in their brooder, hope I don't have to rescue them (brooder is sitting on the highest mound in the run).
I have mine still outside in their brooder too and I was wondering the same thing. Yesterday I kept going out to check on them making sure water wasn't getting into the brooder. I may take the brooder into the coop. I had been thinking about it anyway.

Did everyone hear that thunder this morning started right after 7 am
spit rain at us most of today off and on
It started for us here on the east side and went through the night. It was the biggest thunder/lightening storm I have seen in close to 20 years, when I was in Colorado.

My dogs faired relatively well. Normally I have a couple pretty freaked out dogs, but two only growled at the deep rumbling that was really loud. I waited to see if it was actually an earthquake, due to the sound.

I have mine still outside in their brooder too and I was wondering the same thing. Yesterday I kept going out to check on them making sure water wasn't getting into the brooder. I may take the brooder into the coop. I had been thinking about it anyway.

Sounds like yours did fine, so did mine. The spot I moved the brooder to has always been very good against rain so even though the run was well soaked, brooder was dry enough inside. When it finally stopped drizzling we opened the brooder again and the littles practically exploded out of the brooder, they were so happy to be let out.

I did end up moving the brooder into the coop. Don't know why I didn't just do this from the start. I guess I thought there wouldn't be enough room for it in the coop, but it is fine.

Of course the littles went directly to their old brooder place at dusk and just huddled in a corner, poor things. Even though I had shown them where I put their heater, they are still just creatures of habit. I had to physically take them all to the new location and lock them in it.

Back
Top Bottom