Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

We're required to have the mask on but they're allowing us to have it off our mouth & nose as long as we're not near other people. So I still need it on but I don't have to struggle to breath as long as I'm far from other people. They don't want us passing out. Since I'll be up on the dance stage tomorrow, I don't need to have it over my mouth & nose.

Was out with the flock while they free ranged in the garden and some idiot decided to light off a really loud firework. Took me around 15 minutes just to find everyone and lead them back to their yard with food. I was hoping I'd have more time to let them free range every day before it was time to keep them locked up in their yard until the 5th but looks like they're staying in their yard starting now

They are 12 weeks old now. They get so excited when the see me. They have my number and do cute well so get treats.

20200702_213016.jpg

20200702_210800.jpg

20200702_210709.jpg

Does anyone around the Kitsap or Puyallup areas know of straw or hay that is cheap? Straw bales at the stores by me are $10+ a bale. That seems really expensive to me, but maybe it's normal.

Pretty normal for a store. It it gets warmer, people will be cutting their fields around here and the hay is usually around $6 a bale pick up in field. I don't use grass hay with chickens because some are dumb and will eat it and get crop bound.

Saved our Cockerel's life. The hens wouldn't let him drink water all day while I was at work. My dad said every time he went to check on Sergeant, the hens would run him off from all of the 9 water bowls. Everyone was free ranging so they shouldn't have been doing that to him. I got home an hour ago and brought him inside for a bit to get enough water to drink.
This photo was taken a few minutes ago
IMG_20200703_164304.jpg

Back
Top Bottom